Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #21

Re: Yeti coolers, preferred size for SMBs

I buy bottles at home, but cans for camping. Many benefits IMO, except of course a lot of craft stuff doesn't come in cans. Biggest benefit here in the bible belt is that most places outright prohibit any consumption of alcoholic beverages and a can is easier to conceal in a koozie. Anyway, not to hijack, but I would like to know the number of bottles OR cans with an average amount of ice. However, I would probably have to consume every one it might hold in quick succession to spend that much on a cooler.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt
Went to look at them at Dick's Sporting Goods the other day but they didn't have any 35's on display.
Central Hardware has all sizes on display right as you walk in the door.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
I buy bottles at home, but cans for camping. Many benefits IMO, except of course a lot of craft stuff doesn't come in cans. Biggest benefit here in the bible belt is that most places outright prohibit any consumption of alcoholic beverages and a can is easier to conceal in a koozie. Anyway, not to hijack, but I would like to know the number of bottles OR cans with an average amount of ice. However, I would probably have to consume every one it might hold in quick succession to spend that much on a cooler.

Yeah, it's tough to justify $250 for a cooler. They're just so damn nice though. I swear SMB made the closets in our van juuuust the right size to fit a Honda EU2000 and a Yeti 35
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #23

How many cans? Well here's their web site:
This is for the Tundra 35 which we use for our "beverage" cooler.
http://yeticoolers.com/tundra-45-cooler/?color=13

And here's the link to their site, select the cooler of interest and they give you their estimate.
http://yeticoolers.com/coolers/shop-...tundra-series/

Hop this helps. They're pricey but worth it in my opinion. Hand if you register you purchase they send you a FREE bottle opener!
garmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #24

We ordered a Yeti to be sent to SMB west, in2007 for the RB50, Ford E350, but it was just a little too tall to fit under the rear bed, will have to check todays sizes. SMB graciousely returned it for us, as we were off to the wilds, and have been living with a cheap.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #25
Site Team

New Yeti model coming out that has all the bells and whistles (I'm thinking this is just up daveb's alley).

"Designed to blend YETI's legendary durability with an array of built-in conveniences for the modern outdoor multi-tasker, the Ridicooler packs infinitely more punch than the average cooler. Push-button game calls tuned for everything from birds to predators and big game are guaranteed to be the envy of any hunting camp.

The Ridicooler measures a stout 30.5" x 15" x 16" and as with any YETI cooler is guaranteed to keep ice for days. Additional stand out features include a shotgun rack, solar panel, blender, iPad mini, toaster, tape measure, and an industry first, breathalyzer to ensure proper judgment post use."

Be sure to see the video:

Herb
Old 03-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #26

gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #27
Site Team

Garage

That's too funny Herb. What made me laugh as much was that a couple of guys I showed the video to thought it was real for more than half of the clip

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote