Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #101

Garage
Re: Ford E-Series Van HID Projector Retrofit lights

Please pm me if you are worried about the above post but are still interested in the lights. There is always one customer who makes it difficult for others. Unfortunately, I am not perfect and could not make this guy happy despite sending him replacement parts. I am moving forward and hope this guy doesn't ruin it for everyone. Thanks all.

Scott

REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #102

what scott has been telling me is you go spend money and find out why the lights don't work then you can get them fixed on your own. he just told me tonight they had a baby and hes working on other projects so get lost. I have pool stores and for 28 years if we install equipment or do electrical work and theirs a problem, we do not tell the customer to call someone else to fix problem. my guys go back to correct problem and make customer happy at what ever cost. that is why we have a great reputation. CUSTOMER SERVICE WHICH SCOTT DOSENT KNOW AQNYTHING ABOUT! by the way im not the only unhappy customer with scott.
berns378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #103
Site Team

Garage

Check your ground wires to these items and I have feeling that you find a bad point

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:29 PM   #104

thanks for the advice. as scott knows I do not know a thing about working on my van. all he tells me is do this and that which means that I need to take van to shop pay money and spend time to find out why his light keeps going out.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #105

Garage

Sounds reasonable to me.

I received a defective car stereo headunit and they wanted me to confirm if the speaker voltages were within spec before they would file the paperwork for a return and refund... It's a pretty standard procedure when it comes to electrical items that the user has to install themselves. Heck, even big name auto parts stores often have a "no return" policy on any electrical items. Even unopened boxes...

If you (or someone you paid) installed the lights wrong, they probably won't work. I can only imagine that the test he wants you to do would prove installation error vs faulty equipment.

It would be prudent of you to actually follow up and do some work yourself... The install shop will obviously claim that it was faulty equipment since they don't want to seem at fault.
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:11 PM   #106

scott is on our forum and does this on his own. its the right light that keeps going out but he wants me to find out why.done with him, its been going on for six months, going to the pros and have it done right whatever it takes.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #107

I first met Scott specifically regarding his HID projector light upgrade for my van. They've performed without issue and have never failed on me.

Since then, I've counted on him to do a good portion of the upgrades, repairs and custom work on the van.

The quality of his work has always been exemplary. He's always been straight-shooting, hardworking and conscientious about everything he does. There are some less than stellar suppliers/vendors/etc here, as with everywhere else. Scott is NOT one of them.

In fact, to be perfectly frank, if it weren't for Scott fixing things that affected reliability and my family's safety quickly and cost-effectively, I'd probably have already dropped out of this hobby.

I will not take my van anywhere else until Scott looks at it first. I trust him implicitly.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #108
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

The problem probably isn't the light itself, it's most likely the ballast, which is from a 3rd party, Scott just builds the fixture and had set up for purchasers of his lights to get the ballast, wiring harness and bulb from another vendor. I had to order new ballasts for mine after the original ones failed, no fault of Scott's, just the price of doing business and ordering parts off of eBay made overseas. There may have been several people that got all of these parts from Scott, as I believe he had ordered several sets of ballasts and harnesses at various stages throughout, I do know that he has changed venders of those components more than once, mainly the ballasts, after seeing some failed units. Has Scott recommended you order new ballasts? It sounds as if he's just trying to determine what is causing your issue, if you can't determine your grounds or volts going in/out, then a visit to a shop is in order. It's a bummer that my ballasts failed, but I don't blame Scott for that. Good luck with the fix
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #109

scott replaced the ballast first time and light worked for awhile. same light went out later on and he send me another ballast, had it installed light not working. called scott to c if he would have sometime on his schedual for me to drive to his house whenever for him to check it out, his response was I have two large products going on plus a newborn. plus I have spend enough time on your van and haven't made a penny.he also said you need to buy much better product with a lifetime warranty and have somebody that knows what theyre doing install them. great customer service by scott. good luck to the next customer!
Old 09-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #110

Garage

I asked him to perform a simple test to determine the failed part. This test included removing the known good components from the driver's side light and installing them on the passenger side one part (ballast and bulb) at a time. The test would take about 10 minutes to determine root cause and would provide clarity. This instruction was ignored and here we are. I am none the wiser for the real cause of the problem and don't have the resources to throw endless product at the issue if we don't know the failure. I don't feel this is too much to ask for when dealing with a highly modified vehicle like his (and my own). Mistakes happen and bad parts are all too common as REF mentioned, but a little patience can go a long way.

I do have a newborn baby girl and, sorry to say, the projects have been slowed since I am busy being a good parent. I appreciate everyone's consideration with this aspect of the issue.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ert01
Sounds reasonable to me.

I received a defective car stereo headunit and they wanted me to confirm if the speaker voltages were within spec before they would file the paperwork for a return and refund... It's a pretty standard procedure when it comes to electrical items that the user has to install themselves. Heck, even big name auto parts stores often have a "no return" policy on any electrical items. Even unopened boxes...

If you (or someone you paid) installed the lights wrong, they probably won't work. I can only imagine that the test he wants you to do would prove installation error vs faulty equipment.

It would be prudent of you to actually follow up and do some work yourself... The install shop will obviously claim that it was faulty equipment since they don't want to seem at fault.
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote