Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #531

Garage
Scott - Too many good things being said about your Headlight upgrade to wait any longer, just placed my order... looking forward to the ability to see in the dark again.
Thanks for all your help!

Old 03-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #532

I upgraded to Scott's HID setup several years ago and loved the better performance, but noticed that they seemed to get dimmer over time until a few weeks ago, I suddenly had no lights at all. It turned out I had a corroded connection and was down to about 8Vdc at the ballasts. New connectors and a general cleanup of the terminals fixed it right up, and I swear they are even brighter now. I don't know if that's possible, but it sure seemed that way. Anyway, I'm still quite happy with the setup.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #533

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Scott - Too many good things being said about your Headlight upgrade to wait any longer, just placed my order... looking forward to the ability to see in the dark again.
Thanks for all your help!
Thanks Felix, stoked to get you setup!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #534

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I upgraded to Scott's HID setup several years ago and loved the better performance, but noticed that they seemed to get dimmer over time until a few weeks ago, I suddenly had no lights at all. It turned out I had a corroded connection and was down to about 8Vdc at the ballasts. New connectors and a general cleanup of the terminals fixed it right up, and I swear they are even brighter now. I don't know if that's possible, but it sure seemed that way. Anyway, I'm still quite happy with the setup.
Arctic,

Corrosion is always a problem. We noted this a while ago and started adding dielectric grease to the terminal pins of the harnesses before shipping. The connections are stated as water-tight, though it does help to regularly maintain the connections if you travel in wet environments.

It is always worth noting that the wire harness relays should always be mounted with the wires exiting downward to reduce the chances of pooling or collecting inside the connectors.

Ping me if you need further assistance, but it sounds like you've got this one worked up properly!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 03-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #535

Garage
It sems I’m the only one to find quality a big issue with these light sets. When paying such a premium price for a product I would expect premium quality. Note, the hid projector lights have been on my van for maybe a month and have under a few hours of operation. I have strip of plastic in my sealed housing that is warped and out of place. Smudges on my projectors. Very loose fitting and Im also not able to align the lights high enough with the supplied adjusters. I’m not trying to put Scott’s products down. Maybe I’m being too OCD, I just feel there is a lot of room for improvement.
Attached Thumbnails
8A4BD624-3721-4315-A700-7050437884E2.jpg   DA34130E-F8F0-46E3-9DCA-CA154B6C923E.jpg  
rizzabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #536
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzabove View Post
... I’m not trying to put Scott’s products down. Maybe I’m being too OCD, I just feel there is a lot of room for improvement.

Have you reached out privately to Scott and not gotten any help? If not, that's probably where you should start.

Herb
Old 03-13-2019, 07:33 PM   #537

Garage
I’d did, Thank you for the suggestion. I’m sure he’ll make things right.
rizzabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #538

Garage
Hard to believe it's already May, but here we go with another discount code good for 7% your order through the end of the month. Use code SMBMAY2019 and get your order in asap! Check the site as we have made some changes and hope to keep items stocked and ready to hit your rig!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 05-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #539

Garage
Scott,
Finally managed a week of vacationing utilizing your Vantage Optics lights and cant express our delight with this investment. They performed far beyond our expectations.
*Could have sent this as a PM, but felt it could better serve others searching for a lighting upgrade - Highly recommended!
Old 05-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #540

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Scott,
Finally managed a week of vacationing utilizing your Vantage Optics lights and cant express our delight with this investment. They performed far beyond our expectations.
*Could have sent this as a PM, but felt it could better serve others searching for a lighting upgrade - Highly recommended!
Many thanks!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com