Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 11:22 PM   #241

Garage
After our offroad trip this past weekend we can check deep water testing off the list for the lights. They performed flawlessly.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
FB_IMG_1462242392823.jpg   FB_IMG_1462242389299.jpg   FB_IMG_1462242370290.jpg   FB_IMG_1462242395655.jpg   FB_IMG_1462242373610.jpg  

REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:12 AM   #242

Garage
I have this set of lights completed and ready to go. They come with everything you need and have the eye catching Morimoto GT37C-R shrouds (no halos or leds). I would like to sell them this week and move them on so I can build more. $400 shipped and can be ready to go asap.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Set For Sale.jpg  
Old 05-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #243

Garage
I will have this set of chrome sealed beam lights with E46r shrouds completed soon for anyone interested. They fit 92-14 vans and anything else with the 7x6 sealed platform.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
20160509_170429.jpg   20160509_170442.jpg  
Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #244

Hope you checked the dif's for water ��
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #245

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Hope you checked the dif's for water ��
Been through there many times without issues.

Scott
Old 05-23-2016, 08:31 AM   #246

Garage
Hey all.....

I am currently offering a $25 discount for the next two weeks on all van light builds to honor our fallen service men and women. This includes both styles of lights (sealed and aero) and will be deducted from the total price. Please mention this post when you send me an email to VantageOptics@gmail.com and I will get you setup properly. Thanks again!

Scott
Old 05-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #247

Garage
Another order for a set of Option 4 lights with basic shrouds and halos. Turned out awesome!

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
13254700_1079775962093559_786552461315307316_o.jpg  
Old 05-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #248

Ford E-Series Van HID Projector Retrofit lights

Nice job!!! I am loving my set and now looking forward to night driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #249

Garage
This combination has been the most popular setup so far. Blends in real nice with the Aluminess bumper and auxiliary led lighting most people run.

build list-
Option 4 housings
Apollo 2 shrouds
Morimoto halos
LED switchback turn signals

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
20160307_201910.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #250

Garage
Hi everyone

First let me apologize for the length of this post. I just couldn't shorten it. Too much to tell.

I thought I would do a write up about the new HID lights that I just bought from REDOVAL. I went full out with this set. I will post the specs at the bottom of this post. I will also include before and after shots of the lights in low and High. I have wanted to get a set since Scott 1st started making the over a year ago. The 1st email I sent to him was March 2015. Finally time and finances fell into place and I sent him the order March 2016. Scott was great to deal with. He answered all my questions promptly and in great depth. I listened to his suggestions and researched all the options. During my research I would get more questions and quick responses. He really made the process easy.

I received Scott’s price breakdown email back in February. After looking over The Retrofit Source (TRS) website at the different options my questions started. Admittedly some silly questions but it helped me make a decision that I completely confident in.

Here’s the set that I ordered

• Option 4 in black with the LED running light strip
• UPGRADES
• LED turn signal bulbs/flasher relay
• LED Halo option on premium shrouds - Apollo 2.0 flat shrouds, vent mounted halos
• Elite HID kit by Morimoto - XB55 ballasts (50W), XB H1 bulbs, 6500K
• Extra 5500K H1 set

I did a lot of reading about the ballasts and bulbs. I even sent an email to TRS and asked about them, in particular the brightness and colour when using the XB55 (50W) ballasts. Their email made my decision simple. Here it is.

"Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the email and the patience waiting for the reply. 35W systems are more efficient, longer laser, and are the industry standard in all vehicles that come factory-equipped with HID headlights. For vehicles that have canbus systems or weaker than average electrical systems (older cars, motorcycles, etc) the 35W ballasts are recommended.

35W Systems will produce anywhere between 5800-6200 lumens (3x compared to stock) depending on the bulbs, are rated to last around 2000 hours, and will not alter the rated Kelvin (color) of the HID bulbs. The Morimoto 35W systems carry a 5-Year warranty.

In contrast, the 50W systems are brighter, more power hungry, and run a bit hotter so they have a slightly shorter lifespan. These produce more light output compared to all factory-installed HID headlight ballasts. We don’t recommend using 50W ballasts without a full relay wire harness, or in a smaller headlight/fog light housing.

50W Systems will produce anywhere between 9100-9700 lumens depending on the bulbs, are rated to last around 1500 hours, and will reduce the rated Kelvin (color) of your HID bulbs by about 1000K. The Morimoto 50W systems carry a 3-Year warranty.

Overall it’s really depends on whether your prefer plenty of light and the best reliability/lifespan, or are willing to compromise a little there in exchange for the most possible light output. We generally recommend the industry-standard 35W.

Please let me know if we can help you further.
Thanks"

As you can see in the email using the 50 W ballasts produce 9100-9700 lm. That’s awesome! Coupled with that the loss of 1000 K of colour I decided to use the 6500 K bulbs. As an aside Scott suggested adding a regular set of 5500 K bulbs as a backup. It was only 15 bucks. That way if I’m unhappy with the 6500 K ones it’s easy to swap them out.

The install was very easy to do (about 2 hours). Everything is well documented and straight forward. I did have one small issue with the setup and that was to do with the operation. Scott was very helpful in diagnosing the problem and providing a prompt solution. High marks for that. The issue had to do with the plug that connects to the vans factory headlight harness. Specifically the 9007 connector was pinned wrong. The harness is shipped from TRS wired as a 9004. I just need to swap the wires around. Scott gave me the correct solution and I also found the answer in a review on the TRS site located here: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.VwhnDk8rJaQ . It’s the last review.

Impressions

First I have to say these are Awesome! The amount of light these lights throw is astonishing. Words and pictures do not do these lights justice. You really have to see these in person to really appreciate what you get. The lights also look super cool. I have had them in for a couple of months and have had a lot people comment on the looks. It’s something that they had not seen before in a van.

The lights have a nice stepped cut-off and throw a wide beam. I have no problem seeing the ditches. I haven’t had anyone flash me yet either. The High beams are also great. I was totally surprised when I clicked them on. I thought that I had my driving lights on. They really light the way. That’s how well these lights work. With my 2 Rigid Industries 6” SR Spectre Driving Lights I have plenty of light now.

All I can tell you is to check out these if you can. You will be impressed!

Now to the Pictures:

HID Look Before

HID Look After

Light output Lo/High Before

Light output Lo/High After install
4.10 gears, Dana 44 TTB open carrier
VA7DTP
depark is offline   Reply With Quote