Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
MSD

Garage
Order #2 for traction boards.

Here is the original link -

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ion-20144.html

Magic number for the second order for forum members is 10. Shipping in the lower 48 has not be over $35.00 for a single set of traction boards. Figure shipping from 80537, weight is 12lbs and box dimensions are 42x13x5

Color options - Black only.

Price for boards is $159.00 a set plus shipping please see the original link for more info…

Payment is paypal only via mark@veloforma.com please send me a PM to order a set.

Cheers
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 9.57.35 PM.jpg  

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:07 AM   #2

These look remarkably similar to the X-Bull Tracks I purchased off eBay for $90 shipped. What sets yours apart?

https://www.ebay.com/p/X-BULL-Recove...29122306&rt=nc

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
JFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #3
MSD

Garage
Can't really speak for Xbull ... our tracks use a specific proprietary plastic & mold. Our tracks are built for heavy vans. I've done design work in Taiwan & China for 15 years stuff is stolen all the time. I know a bunch of sources that sell similar knock off tracts of all major competitors in the industry for even less... check out alibaba you can get a set for $40, if you want to buy any cheap knock in the industry... will they last, don't know, are they any good don't know...? I know what it costs to make my traction boards & at $159.00 I'm not making much but I know we put a lot of time & money into this project so to see knocks sucks! I knew it was a possibility... this project was also started to sell to another company and it isn't the company listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #4

The X-Bull is listed on Amazon for $109.00

https://www.amazon.com/X-BULL-Recove...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Several reviews state the boards have cracked or breaking. I would think twice about purchasing knock offs from China. Consider the xbull to be disposable.

Buy USA made whenever possible.
46 gal Transferflow tank, Agile RIP kit
longboardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboardguy View Post

Buy USA made whenever possible.
Show me some designed and manufactured in USA and I'll buy them. I think the X-Bulls are Australian made as an alternative to the MaxxTraxx. They all will break under the right circumstances. I do consider mine disposable.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #6
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Order #2 for traction boards.

One of my Tred 1100’s cracked the first time I used it, still usable but think it’s time to replace. I believe the Tred is only rated at 4,400lbs. So if these boards are even anywhere near the 20K rating, I’d say these things are much more stout than any other traction board out there.
BTW-I think it’s a little rude of people to post links to cheaper, often inferior alternatives to a registered vendor’s(are you?) product that they’re selling here on our forum. Just sayin......

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
O
BTW-I think it’s a little rude of people to post links to cheaper, often inferior alternatives to a registered vendor’s(are you?) product that they’re selling here on our forum. Just sayin......

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
I knew my post would draw heat which is why I asked the OP what sets his product apart. I got no definitive answer. BTW, I had purchased mine months ago not knowing that any 'registered vendor' on the site was selling tracks.

What evidence do you have that the X-Bulls are inferior to what he's selling? In fact, they look identical to me at a substantially lower price. The X-Bulls have been around for over a year, the OP's, not as long. The X-Bulls even carry a 1 year warranty. What warranty does the OP offer?

I'm all about the free market and people can make their own choice.

If the OP has a patent infringement case I know some good lawyers.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #8

Hey Mark, any reports on durability/flexibility of your plastic with these? Seems that is where maxtrax are beating everybody as their plastic flexes without cracking. When are you planning on doing this run?
thanks
Aran
Old 02-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #9
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
I knew my post would draw heat which is why I asked the OP what sets his product apart. I got no definitive answer. BTW, I had purchased mine months ago not knowing that any 'registered vendor' on the site was selling tracks.

What evidence do you have that the X-Bulls are inferior to what he's selling? In fact, they look identical to me at a substantially lower price. The X-Bulls have been around for over a year, the OP's, not as long. The X-Bulls even carry a 1 year warranty. What warranty does the OP offer?

I'm all about the free market and people can make their own choice.

If the OP has a patent infringement case I know some good lawyers.

I'm curious how did you not get a definitive answer? I stating we use a proprietary plastic and a specific mold process not much else I can say really. Just because something looks similar that means nothing, it's in the process and the plastics along with the mold, looks have nothing to do with it.

If you want to spend $90 on a set of tracks then great, if they break buy another... Pretty cheap insurance really. I'm confident in saying that if you break yours in 10 months time you won't get a free pair, but for $90 who cares really, heck just buy them on alibaba for half that every time they break…

This is what I know, our tracks are very strong (12 tons/24k) and rated higher that XBull they are also flexible in that I've seen them bend in testing to almost warp a tire before any cracking… and where they did crack was at the handle a week point, but were still usable and functional.

We have a 2 year warranty, and a lifetime manufacture flaw warranty (meaning if you show me that the track failed due to a flaw in the manufacturing process I'll replace it… and that's 5 years down the line or 10).

Patent lawyers make me laugh I've been developing products for more than 15 years and have had a tremendous amount of product patent infringement and you can do nothing when it happens over seas. I've been down this road before…. you're out a lot of money, nothing happens other than the lawyer gets paid and you get the bill…

I seriously have no problems with someone buying these from XBull or the original manufacture in China pretty easy with a little research. Heck I'll even help you out (any forum member) if you can't find the resources.

One thing I know is I stand be hind our tracks and I will back them if they fail. I've also got another set I am work on and have been for the last 6 months that are alloy, strong and light and made right her in Loveland, CO

Just to be clear no hard feelings on this post at all.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:10 PM   #10
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
Show me some designed and manufactured in USA and I'll buy them. I think the X-Bulls are Australian made as an alternative to the MaxxTraxx. They all will break under the right circumstances. I do consider mine disposable.

Jflo the are not made in Australia I know this for a fact after a few emails to my contacts in Taiwan and China. They are made by Enjoin aka Yuhuan Jianun Mechanical quick google can confirm this...