Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2016, 10:15 AM   #61
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
Now that is a price that will get me to drive out there. Does that price incline some wood reinforcement?

Any idea when RB tops might start to be available?
Yes, I'll have to take a few pictures of the wood reinforcement in the top and I'll post later today.

Cheers
Mark

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:18 AM   #62
MSD

Garage
Moving forward with a pre-order based on interest from PM's

For those that are interested in a shipping quote please PM me your zip code and if you have an SB or EB.

If you've already sent a zip code, I'll get you a shipping quote by Wednesday

Cheers,
Mark
Old 01-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #63
MSD

Garage
Getting some tops on even with the cold weather this winter in Colorado!!! This morning it was -20 degrees at 8am. Anyhow this is Upadowna van, aka Steve in Colorado Springs. We'll be finishing up his top some time next week. We'll be adding some windows in the top center on both sides. Should look pretty sweet when done.

I be offering one more run of tops at my current price of $1650.00 for Extended body and $1450.00 for the Standard body. Then prices will be going up a few Hundred bucks. If you want to get in on the next run of tops please let me know...

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Upadowna aka Steve.jpg  
Old 01-06-2017, 06:07 PM   #64
MSD

Garage
Another angle [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #65

I bought one of these tops from Mark for my RB. It was a real easy transaction and Mark is super cool to deal with. I just wanted to share my experience for anyone who's considering one of these tops.

Obviously function and cost are two of the biggest items to consider when considering the addition of a top, any top. Like many others on here, I have gone over all the pros and cons of every conceivable variable of pop-tops vs high-tops and then weighed the benefits against the costs for each. However, when Mark posted his tops for sale, it made it an easy choice for me. The price he's offering right now was just too reasonable to pass up.

Here are the advantages of Mark's tops that helped me make the decision to go with him:

1. Price. His price is about half of what Fiberine wants for a comparable top.

2. Quality. When I received my top I was able to see that the quality of his tops are on par with the Fiberine tops that I've seen.

3. Style. Fiberine makes a top with a similar style, but Mark's top has a few added style lines in the mold which help to break up the marshmellow look. I plan to use a few of those cues when I paint mine to help break up the monolithic look.

4. Support. Mark provides install instructions, has been very responsive by email to answer all of my questions, and has made himself available by phone when necessary.

5. Shipping. Mark arranged to ship the top to my house, which for me was a huge plus. I have the means to install myself and it won't require me to take the time or expense of a trip to Fiberine in California for install. When considering getting other tops shipped to my house, the shipping quotes I received were most often times almost as much as the top itself which was a deal breaker for me. The shipping quote I got from Mark was very, very reasonable. I was a bit concerned about the top arriving in good condition, but everything worked out fine and the top arrived without any damage.

I will post up pics of my van when I'm finished with the install, but I just wanted to post the details of my experience here in case it's helpful to someone else who's considering going this route. Just for the record, I didn't know Mark before contacting him for a top, I just wanted to post up my experience since it's been a positive one.

This forum is an awesome community, thanks to everyone who contributes and makes it so awesome.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #66

I just PM'd you a few questions. IF you think it would benefit others here feel free to post.

Thanks for what you do!
surf92lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #67
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagent View Post
I bought one of these tops from Mark for my RB. It was a real easy transaction and Mark is super cool to deal with. I just wanted to share my experience for anyone who's considering one of these tops.

Obviously function and cost are two of the biggest items to consider when considering the addition of a top, any top. Like many others on here, I have gone over all the pros and cons of every conceivable variable of pop-tops vs high-tops and then weighed the benefits against the costs for each. However, when Mark posted his tops for sale, it made it an easy choice for me. The price he's offering right now was just too reasonable to pass up.

Here are the advantages of Mark's tops that helped me make the decision to go with him:

1. Price. His price is about half of what Fiberine wants for a comparable top.

2. Quality. When I received my top I was able to see that the quality of his tops are on par with the Fiberine tops that I've seen.

3. Style. Fiberine makes a top with a similar style, but Mark's top has a few added style lines in the mold which help to break up the marshmellow look. I plan to use a few of those cues when I paint mine to help break up the monolithic look.

4. Support. Mark provides install instructions, has been very responsive by email to answer all of my questions, and has made himself available by phone when necessary.

5. Shipping. Mark arranged to ship the top to my house, which for me was a huge plus. I have the means to install myself and it won't require me to take the time or expense of a trip to Fiberine in California for install. When considering getting other tops shipped to my house, the shipping quotes I received were most often times almost as much as the top itself which was a deal breaker for me. The shipping quote I got from Mark was very, very reasonable. I was a bit concerned about the top arriving in good condition, but everything worked out fine and the top arrived without any damage.

I will post up pics of my van when I'm finished with the install, but I just wanted to post the details of my experience here in case it's helpful to someone else who's considering going this route. Just for the record, I didn't know Mark before contacting him for a top, I just wanted to post up my experience since it's been a positive one.

This forum is an awesome community, thanks to everyone who contributes and makes it so awesome.

Thanks for the kind words Josh [emoji2][emoji106][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #68
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf92lb View Post
I just PM'd you a few questions. IF you think it would benefit others here feel free to post.

Thanks for what you do!
I'll be sending you a PM shortly.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #69

bad pics after install, more to come
Attached Thumbnails
2017-02-27 17.53.16.jpg   2017-03-04 18.23.27.jpg   2017-03-04 18.26.06.jpg  
Old 03-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #70
MSD

Garage
[emoji106][emoji108][emoji109][emoji604][emoji100]