Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirehead View Post
Just wondering if I'm missing something here. Is this just a problem with his Astro Van tops? (don't get me wrong, the photos in your album are horrible)

It seems like a fair amount of the people here have Colorado Camper Van tops on their Fords and the general responses I've read have been fairly positive. I'm getting ready to drop a fairly significant amount of money on a CCV top and I the kind of workmanship I see in those Astro Van pictures sure isn't worth the price.
Good question Wirehead. I was under the impression most Ford van tops from CCV have been positively received. Any owners out there have input?
__________________

SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirehead View Post
Just wondering if I'm missing something here. Is this just a problem with his Astro Van tops? (don't get me wrong, the photos in your album are horrible)

It seems like a fair amount of the people here have Colorado Camper Van tops on their Fords and the general responses I've read have been fairly positive. I'm getting ready to drop a fairly significant amount of money on a CCV top and I the kind of workmanship I see in those Astro Van pictures sure isn't worth the price.
I am also having problems with the scissor action, poor install etc... that I don't see being van discriminate.

I can't speak for others, but I have had people reach out to me with other vans with problems, one person even has a blog. There is also another thread in EP about numerous problems with them.

Search for this thread title...

Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

This may help your decision process.
__________________

tequilasunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilasunset View Post
Got a link for Boywonder's work?
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...top-10808.html
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Thanks much... I am always wanting to learn from others
tequilasunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 200
My pleasure. I feel like there's more to learn here than a person could apply to 20 vans.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
I had Derek install a top for me last summer. The job could have been done more quickly and everything wasn't perfect the first time, but he fixed the minor issues and I think he genuinely cared about getting things right. That's all I can really ask for.
JeffT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
I had Derek install a top for me last summer. The job could have been done more quickly and everything wasn't perfect the first time, but he fixed the minor issues and I think he genuinely cared about getting things right. That's all I can really ask for.
Happy for ya... but if you read his responses to me in the thread over on EP, you will some of his truer colors be exposed... and kinda funny Derek had to FIX the work he did on your van too... seems to be a common theme.
tequilasunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
KTMRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 372
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilasunset View Post
I am also having problems with the scissor action, poor install etc... that I don't see being van discriminate.

I can't speak for others, but I have had people reach out to me with other vans with problems, one person even has a blog. There is also another thread in EP about numerous problems with them.

Search for this thread title...

Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

This may help your decision process.
If you get down to So Cal I would highly recommend the guy who fixed all my CCV issues, well all the ones I didn't fix myself. He has also repaired a friends CCV top lift mechanism as well. Other members have also used him for other fabrication and full interior builds.

Sorry you are having all the issues. It is all someone else's complaining until it happens to you, then things get real.

Eric
__________________
2006 Ford E-350 V10 Agile 4x4 with SMB EB50 layout

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Wicked Fabrication - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRIDER View Post
If you get down to So Cal I would highly recommend the guy who fixed all my CCV issues, well all the ones I didn't fix myself. He has also repaired a friends CCV top lift mechanism as well. Other members have also used him for other fabrication and full interior builds.

Sorry you are having all the issues. It's always someone else complaining until it happens to you, then things get real.

Eric
That last line... you just won the interwebz

Thanks for all your responses, much appreciated!
tequilasunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:15 PM   #30
MSD
Senior Member
 
MSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 596
Garage
Tequilasunset welcome to the forum great bunch for sure… Sorry to hear about all the CCV issues. My business is about 6 miles from Derek, I have gone back and forth with either CCV or Tufport. I have heard of issues with him/CCV but only rumor mill, not actual photo's and emails. That being said I will take a trip up to Canada and get a Tufport. I was entertaining the thought anyhow but now my mind is made up. Wishing you all the best in getting this all taken care of...
__________________

__________________
2004 E350 EB Quigley - aka MCSporty6.0
2013 Fiat 500 pop/abarth - Sold
2003 Land Rover Disco II
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.