Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #1

Another new member from SoCal

Just bought my second van. Previously I had an Astro Van I used for road racing, while it worked for sport-bikes when I was single the wife won't go for it now. She barely went for this thing, but the cost of a comparable truck made her give it a thumbs up.

I mostly do offroad stuff now, just sold my Ducati a month ago.

So here is my 06 E350

Has a weltec lift, fox shocks, and weldtec bumpers front and rear. the drivers seats and a pair of captains chairs behind that.

Planning on space for 1 bike inside although I want a hitch hauler type for the big adventure bike/gas can storage. Gonna need to modify the hitch and get a rack built.

More build pics to come as I get started, but of course I buy the van and a day later I leave town for work for a week or two.

Plans include
  • Bike tie downs
  • Build some ramps to work with the height of the van
  • Refinish both bumpers
  • Get a hitch/hauler setup that can handle my big adventure bike/couple of gas cans
  • insulate the side panels
  • clean up drip rails/line-X the roof
  • build shelf down one side with some storage
  • vent fan on the roof
  • new wheels
I'm sure more things to come, but already this site has been a huge help while I was lurking and researching.

More photo's when I get home from Elko, NV too. Gotta work to pay for toys.

Bike photo's for Fun

NavyNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:35 AM   #2

Welcome/congrats you should think of maybe getting a Kendon moto trailer they are small and fold/stand up for easy storage and you can still open your back doors without unloading.also throw gas on there and firewood etc crap you don't want to trip over inside.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2208.jpg  
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #3

I have a converted Jet ski trailer I have used for years, but the trailer is also a major hassle at times. Like the Vegas to Reno race getting in and out of pits all day as my wife and dad chased me with fuel etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #4

Come on there's no pressure makin a 3 point turn/reversing trailer in dusty pits surrounded by maniac off-roaders/fans haha.i just bought a front and rear reciever from e-trailer for my ford van,I think the front is rated for 500 lbs for a moto rack/equipment carrier.also here's a pic of my quadhauler I throw on when doing a bomb run out to dunes 48"x6' you could modify it with mesh to carry gas/other items
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9035.JPG  
Old 09-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #5

It's solid stock square tubing and welded on at a slight angle after leaving reciever so when I load quad riding up ramp with me on it etc it doesn't sag just ends up sitting level(vs starting level and sagging).its three pieces tube and both tire supports,I use lockable reciever hitch pins instead of bolts/nuts so I can take apart quick/easy to carry,don't need to bother my wife or neighbors and no hernia at a 125 lbs it's more the fact that it's awkward/unbalanced to carry.i can give you more pictures if interested or maybe I'll do a little thread on it one day for other members who want to haul azz without trailer and can't put much wieght on pop up roof.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #6

Joe hauler is right down the road, and I would like the option of putting one of these 600 pound beast on it at times.

Are photos from my first post visible? Having trouble seeing them now

Old 09-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #7

Sweet bikes which was is yours? I don't see any pics on first post
Old 09-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #8

One on the right is mine.

Stupid photobucket change in use policy sourcing alternate hosting still.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:41 AM   #9

NavyNuke nice lifted EB van! Looking forward to seeing what all you do with the build. I'm also planning to transport motorcycles inside mine rather than on a hitch carrier or a trailer. I'm not opposed to using either -- it'll probably be necessary if I decide to give a few buddies a ride to the mountains. But for solo trips I would prefer to put the bike inside so I don't have to worry about stuff being exposed during pit stops on the drive. Without someone to stay with the bikes and gear on lookout while I run into the Stockton Walmart for ice and beer, I'd prefer keeping everything stealthy.
DrewMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Come on there's no pressure makin a 3 point turn/reversing trailer in dusty pits surrounded by maniac off-roaders/fans haha.i just bought a front and rear reciever from e-trailer for my ford van,I think the front is rated for 500 lbs for a moto rack/equipment carrier.also here's a pic of my quadhauler I throw on when doing a bomb run out to dunes 48"x6' you could modify it with mesh to carry gas/other items
Zappo

Can you post some additional photos of your hitch setup?
Botchan is offline   Reply With Quote