Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVer View Post
So I'm narrowed down to Agile/Fox shocks, stabilizer, and front coils, vs. Bilsteins w/reservoirs.
On my last 7.3 Quiqley I first upgraded to Bilsteins w/o res all the way around. This was just before Ramsey started on the RIP kits. The Bilsteins did make a difference but the front was still a bit off. I upgraded to the front Bilsteins with res and it was a little better on long dirt washboard roads.

Within a few weeks Ramsey came out with the first few RIP kits and I made a trip to have him upgrade. He custom valved some rear Fox shocks to work with my hard top but we decided to leave the front Bilsteins on and just change coils. What a difference.

I added the RIP kit to my current van when it was a Quiqley with Fox shocks all around. Ramsey and Glenn altered the valving a few times to dial it in and it came out night and day better. Agile has done a lot of testing to dial in their shocks and spring offerings.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #62

Thanks Eric, good input. I pulled the trigger on all the Agile bits for the front end, including the shocks/springs/stabilizer, after spending a fair amount of time on the phone with John this morning. I will do the rear end later. What a great group. I'm looking forward to the improvement over the "wallowing" ride around corners at highway speeds which is less than confidence inspiring, as well as the other benefits. My next challenge is trying once again to pass smog after having removed the BullyDog chip. As it involved disconnecting the battery, I'm hoping to have run through the right cycling so it doesn't return any codes and fail again. Smog is a PITA here in CA. All in all, real happy with the rig though.
ADVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #63

Went three wheeling today

Tested out the standard Quigley set up today (pre-Agile upgrade). These things are impressive with regard to off road capability. Pretty much walked over anything I came upon. Most of it in two wheel drive, with some 4WD Low for example this little hole...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6588.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	17544

Name:	IMG_6589.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	17545

Name:	IMG_6590.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	17546

Name:	IMG_6591.jpg
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	17547

Name:	IMG_6592.jpg
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	17548,
Old 09-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #64
MSD

Garage
Sweet! Glad you're using it as it should be [emoji106]you'll be happy with the RIP upgrade. Think you'll notice most the difference on wash boards & rough roads where you won't be pinging of the bump stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #65

MSD, looking forward to the improvement with the Agile bits. A lot of my drive today was corrugations. Holy moly, thanks to SMB for bolting everything down well. It's really necessary to go slow on stuff that I could just float over in my Landcruiser with an OME lift/shocks.

BTW, off topic, and I need to find out where else to start posting. I will be doing the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route (IDBDR) next summer, and would enjoy meeting up with others in SMB's for all or portions, if anyone will be up that way. I was originally going to do it on an ADV bike but my son said there's been a number of head on collisions with yahoos on ATV's and side by sides. Sad reality but I think I know who'd win the tonnage rule should the worst case happen and I'm in the SMB rather than on a bike.
Cheers!