Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #51

Second the V10 opinions.

Consider a chevy duramax van as well. Many chevy SMB's have duramax diesels and weldtech is making lifts for the Quigley IFS 4x4 that really put them at or above a similar 7.3 Ford IMO.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:50 PM   #52

Hey all, back from the eclipse (awesome!) and a great shake down of the van. So here's a quick update. BroncoHauler, you nailed the black smoke/failed smog issue. There was a older non CA legal BullyDog chip installed, so I just need to remove it and the new smog guy (i.e. not the first anti-diesel psycho) said it passed visual so bring it back sans chip, and I'm good to go. So first question, suggestions for a CA legal chip for the 7.3? Banks? Looking for performance and better mileage (mutually exclusive?). Next question, shocks? Bilsteins by getting the part numbers from Quigley? And finally, need to change the thread title to "No Cash In Hand", as I got new shoes and added a few accessories, pics to follow. Thanks again for all your advice and counsel, great stuff!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0211.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	17493

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	17494

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	17495

Name:	IMG_0215.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	17496

Name:	IMG_0214.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	17497
ADVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:27 PM   #53

Get Agile RIP Fox Shocks. Anything else is a waste of money. Really.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #54

Question on Agile, I did get a quote on the whole RIP package, a bit more than I care to do right now. So will I still see a noticeable improvement in ride and handling if I just go with their Fox shocks and steering stabilizer, and leave everything else as is?
Old 08-26-2017, 11:54 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVer View Post
Question on Agile, I did get a quote on the whole RIP package, a bit more than I care to do right now. So will I still see a noticeable improvement in ride and handling if I just go with their Fox shocks and steering stabilizer, and leave everything else as is?
I would also add their front springs to that list....

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #56

So I'm narrowed down to Agile/Fox shocks, stabilizer, and front coils, vs. Bilsteins w/reservoirs.

Rallypanam, when you say "anyything else is a waste of money" did you mean the rest of the RIP package is a waste, i.e. everything but the Fox shocks, or anything that isn't Fox?, i.e. Bilsteins. Please clarify. I realize I'm asking for an opinion, I just want to make sure I understand your point, thanks!

On the chip front, I'm down to the Banks programmer to replace the CA illegal BullyDog. Anybody have experience, positive or negative, using one?
Old 08-28-2017, 10:10 AM   #57

I meant a waste of money would be anything that isn't Agile Fox. The rest of the RIP is also well worth it. Literally the best money you will ever spend on your Quigley.

I had a Banks "Six Gun" programmer on my old van.. No complaints, but I wasn't blown away either.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
I meant a waste of money would be anything that isn't Agile Fox. The rest of the RIP is also well worth it. Literally the best money you will ever spend on your Quigley.
I just installed a full RIP kit plus rear springs from Ujoint. Don't bother with the add-a-leaf from Agile on your EB van. Get new rear springs and you will not have that saggy butt and you will get more rear wheel travel for offroading. All in the RIP/rear springs set up cost a lot but the Quigley suspension is pretty much stock Ford van which is overloaded from day one.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #59

Thanks guys, Good input.

I just got off the phone from Banks and they don't offer the Autominder I had in mind for the van, only the truck, so back to the drawing board for a tuner/chip.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #60
MSD

Garage
Check and see if an edge turner will work with your 7.3. I had to go with the Edge with my 7.3 PSD van. For the Agile stuff you can always do shocks, springs and steering stabilizer and then do the rest at a later date or piece meal however it works for you. That's what I'm doing...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote