Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #1

Diesel mechanic recommendation?

Hello all! I've been lurking for a while as I figure out my newly acquired Monster, and have been impressed with how helpful and knowledgeable you all are.
Simple question for now: I'd like to find a reliable commercial Ford person on the I-5 corridor. The Monster is a Quigley 7.3l diesel, and I'm not comfortable doing much of the maintenance (yet).
I'm south of Salem Oregon, but have a friend in Portland I can stay with if there's someone wonderful and trustworthy there.
Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Monster1.jpg  

AmandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #2

Cordray's Continental in Albany does really good work. I had them do the motor in my van last year, and they've done a lot of preventative stuff for me over the last 350,000 miles.

For suspension work, definitely to to Snyder & Sons, also in Albany. This includes major axle work and spring upgrades.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:19 PM   #3

Amanda, if CarringB recommends a place and takes his own van to it, I would consider that a slam-dunk recommendation. Around here he’s considered the Ford guru and really knows his stuff.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #4

I've dealt with both Cordray's and Snyder on personal vehicles (I live in Albany) with wonderful results, but didn't know they'd manage the van well also. Thanks!
AmandaC is offline   Reply With Quote