Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #1

Hello From Colorado Springs, CO

Hello.

Nice forum - lots of great info and builds, etc. Anyway, I'm just starting to look at full size vans, and 4x4 vans to replace my daily/work VW Vanagon (2wd) as well as my car-tow/heavy work 1976 Dodge W200 Power Wagon (built 440, etc).

I love classic and quirky vehicles, and I love projects, but with a new business I need to spend more time on that, and less time on the plethora of projects I've currently got.

In my mind, the full size van would allow me to tow cars, go to car shows/swap meets to work out of with new/used parts to sell, buy and haul parts lots I find, take my wife and daughter camping, dirt biking, etc. So kind of a swiss-army knife vehicle.

Looking at one ton's, and would like an extended length/15 passenger van, using the front seats and the first bench behind them so can haul 4, maybe 5 people if need be, and have a removable bulkhead to separate cargo from passengers, but be able to throw in a bed platform and camp out of it *fairly* easily.

A 4x4 would allow me to not worry about the snow here (handful of times a year it is necessary, and if we camp in the mountains in spring and fall, it's a pretty nice security blanket), as well as prevent needing another 4x4 vehicle - trying to reduce the fleet.

Anyway - sheesh, long intro - here's some of my other vehicles I've had/built/bought/sold/used etc. I grew up in Iowa and worked at a VW Porsche shop, and started building water-cooled VWs then, then air cooleds and a few Porsches, and some BMWs, and some Audis, etc. Mostly classic Euro stuff. I've used older Dodge trucks for most of my towing duties - a 93 W250 reg cab, 84 W350 reg cab, 84 W350 crew cab, 76 W200 Club cab, and some Ford F250's as well.

greggearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #2

Welcome. Nice toys you've had. What took you so long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote