Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
The engine/drivetrain only has 68k on it and it has a quigley 4x4 conversion! Now it's an e-350 5.4l and I have the 4.6l, my buddy thinks it will fit, any thoughts?
Score! It'll fit, both motor and Quigley 4x4, but it's a significant amount of work.. especially for a dad with three kids! Quigley welds on control arm mounts, so you'll need to cut those off donor van, but other than that it's bolt on.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:59 PM   #12

Yeah, I personally won't be doing that swap. I would love too, but I have to limit myself to projects where the vehicle I am working on can still drive if I stop working. I figure a mechanic owns it, he can be the one to do the work
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #13

The hardest part of this whole thing so far was removing the shelving. I used an angle grinder to cut the heads off of the bolts going through the floor, 8 in all. Then the shelving was like rust welded in two spots and the floor mat was stuck to the bottom. I got angry. If anyone wants the shelving I took out and you live in new england pm me.

In hindsight the order in which I put the seats could have been better so that there were armrests between each seat. I may change this in the future but it's fine for now as it will have 3 carseats in the back. I am going to try to do cupholders made out of 3" pvc pipe. The seats came out of the donor bus really easily and they have almost no rust. Also, only 2 pieces of gum and no rips in the pleather, none! Ignore the seats facing backwards, I didn't feel like carrying them into the basement after I decided not to put them where the remaining shelf is. I will leave the last shelf unit for now to possibly hold a tv/monitor/laptop for long rides. The big hooks on the ends would be great for coats.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0309.jpg   IMAG0311.jpg   IMAG0313.jpg   IMAG0315.jpg   IMAG0316.jpg  

Old 02-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #14

They will be off the wall a bit more and there will be padding behind/above them incase someone hits their head. I also planning on grabbing some 1/2" rubber mat we have at work for the floor. A couple sheetmetal patches, some flex seal and then the mat and the floor will be real nice and should quiet the road noise a bit. There will be cut outs in the mat for the low profile unistrut to get bolted to the floor. Then the extra gaps in the unistrut will get this rubber filler moulding I grabbed out of the donor bus.

So as of right now I just need to buy 20' of unistrut, spring nuts, and bolts. Then the seats will be usable!