Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2019, 04:53 AM   #1
GGE

new and far away ... germany

hi there,

after a longer time of only reading time by time about 2 years, it‘s time to buy a Van and so it is better to be here.
I‘m 54 years old, racing with a Yamaha R1 M for hobby, own a 1967 Mustang Fastback 390 and a 1969 Mustang Mach 1, 351. So, littlebit gashead

Actually I will start another thread for searching a Van. My dream is a E350 Extended, 4x4 and a penthouse top. As you can see, I‘m in germany and we have a lot of restrictions for everything what‘s funny with cars.
To find a 4x4 conversion is max. difficult to find. Actually I‘ld like to by a diesel, 7.3 powerstroke or 6.0. Diesel is cheaper here and hopefully mgp is much better than a 5.4 gas engine.

My plan is, if I will find someone who will sell to a german guy , export a us van to germany.

If you like, aks everything you want

cheers
Gunter

GGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #2

Garage
Like them Ford V8's do ya?
Old 02-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #3

Send a private message to Pschitt. He is a hero on this forum. He is from Switzerland and he has successfully dealt with EU restrictions and although personally I am not a fan of the 6.0 he has dealt successfully with the 6.0. And he has experience with one of the best 4x4 conversions out there: UJointOffroad.com

Sportsmobile Forum - View Profile: Pschitt

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post245987

I don't know much about Martinli but he is active here and owns a 2x4 E350 and is Berlin. So, you may want to pm him too:

Sportsmobile Forum - View Profile: martinli
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
GGE

thanks for your warm welcome and your tips to the european members here.

yeah, V8 is mine... long time, us cars are not so often seen and in our historc car scene the interest is growing more and more. My parents drove a lot of (german) Ford cars. I grow up in severel ones...
2001 I bought my 1967 FB and love it, every day

In 2010, my first van was a E-150, 4.6 V8, but only for two years. Since 2012 I use a Mercedes Viano 3.0 V6 diesel... but know, I will switch again. Yes, an E-350 EB will be older... but more space, more cui, and looks much cooler.

I‘ve found a perfect match in us.trovit, but the seller didn‘t reply to my email. Maybe because I‘m outside the US and it sounds strange to the seller.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #5

Willkommen!

We have a couple other European members here but I can't think of names right now. One (other than Pschitt) has imported a 7.3 and been all over Europe and Africa in it I think.

Someone help, who am I thinking of?

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #6
GGE

thanks, Scotty

some E-350 are available in germany. Never with a pop top, very very rare as 4x4. It‘s not a needed thing, but I like it.
Best at the moment is a 2002, Ambulance 7.3 PS. Seems an ex army van with only 32k mls. Also a very clean 5.4 EB, but expensive. I‘ll take my time, look at us side... maybe a nice one will be offered.

https://cars.trovit.com/listing/2005...8af9621d7995c6

this seller didn‘t answer... but if this is real, it is what is in my mind
Old 02-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #7

GGE: Anything can be accomplished. It only takes allocation of risk and of work to get it done. Since you are outside the U.S. (we are even afraid of fraudulent sales and sales inquiries within the U.S.) you will be required to take all the risk (by buying "as is, where is" and by making payment in a manner which is non-cancellable, and by making, paying for and handling the delivery to port for shipping. Keep looking keep emailing and good luck.

I cannot speak for the loose collective of people on this forum, but most here are willing to reciprocate with those who provide value. So, at the very least, come back and post here what you do and how you do it and how it turns out.
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Willkommen!

We have a couple other European members here but I can't think of names right now. One (other than Pschitt) has imported a 7.3 and been all over Europe and Africa in it I think.

Someone help, who am I thinking of?

86Scotty, are you talking about schluchtenflitzer?

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f16/post-your-campsite-pics-2313-46.html#post240852

And welcome Gunter GGE! Good luck with your van search!

I would also recommend reaching out to chetubi (Philipp). I believe he also lives in Germany and might have some insight about how he was able to get his SMB back there. I think he knows a couple of other SMB owners in Germany as well.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f17/europe-montenegro-and-albania-in-our-sportsmobile-18294.html
Old 02-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGE View Post
https://cars.trovit.com/listing/2005...8af9621d7995c6

this seller didn‘t answer... but if this is real, it is what is in my mind
Welcome GGE - I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for...patience is your ally. If you happen to find one that peeks your interest, you might also post here to see if a member close by might volunteer to take a look at it for you. Good luck with your search!

***As far as the one you referenced in your link above, STAY AWAY - I'm sure thats a SCAM...its been posted many times and for quite a while - I sent them a couple messages about a year ago and also never received a response...at that price it would have sold quickly.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #10

I’m sure established forum members would be willing to check out a potential van for you, too. Feel free to ask. I know I’d be happy to. I’m in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (East Coast). I suggest you also look at the used listings on Sportsmobile’s website. They tend to be priced a little higher, but you are more likely to find a legitimate posting there. As others have said, there are a fair amount of fake/scam postings for these vans since they are in such high demand.

BTW. I don’t think the diesels get that much better MPGs than the gas engines do, at least the 5.4. They will get better than the V10 though. I do realize diesel is a lot cheaper than benzin in Germany so that is a consideration of course.

I know of a 2003 V10 Quigley 4x4 with 32,000 miles and an extended hard top here in Pennsylvania if you are interested. It’s not built as a camper though (might be ideal for you to have it converted in Germany). PM me.

Where do you live in Germany?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote