Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
And how do you plan on managing all that heat in the tiny engine bay? I really liked my 6.0 when I had it. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
It will all fit. I took the body off the chassis, that makes things easier. I will cut and modify whatever needed.

BullGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
Cool, I'm subscribed. You won't be the first to build for more power but the van has limitations. 650HP is a lofty goal. You don't have the intercooler to run high power for very long. The airbox is small and tucked in behind the driver side headlight. There is nothing available aftermarket for either. Exhausts mods are also difficult. Good luck getting a 4" pipe past the dog haus. But it sounds like you know what you're doing. With the kind of PCM/FICM tuning you're going to need to light up that turbo it's going to run hot. I'll be interested in your heat management mods.

My rig is about maxed at 400HP with stock injectors, stage 1.5 KCturbo, Atlas40 FICM tune, and 80HP PCM tune from PHP.
650 is actually very eaisly obtainable with that fuel and air. That turbo will support 800hp. There will be a custom intake and intercooler. Stock intercooler will limit by boost to around 40PSI and I will be running around 50-55psi of boost. The exhaust is no prob for me at the moment, im doing a 3.5 inch down pipe to 4' exhaust. There will be some cutting and most likely a custom welded doghouse. That turbo flows so much air heat isnt really going to be a problem. If my EGT's are too high I will do a water meth kit.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Cool, I'm subscribed. You won't be the first to build for more power but the van has limitations. 650HP is a lofty goal. You don't have the intercooler to run high power for very long. The airbox is small and tucked in behind the driver side headlight. There is nothing available aftermarket for either. Exhausts mods are also difficult. Good luck getting a 4" pipe past the dog haus. But it sounds like you know what you're doing. With the kind of PCM/FICM tuning you're going to need to light up that turbo it's going to run hot. I'll be interested in your heat management mods.

My rig is about maxed at 400HP with stock injectors, stage 1.5 KCturbo, Atlas40 FICM tune, and 80HP PCM tune from PHP.
I do custom tuning on SCT, H&S , ez link and EFI live if you need something for your van.

My van WILL put 600-650 hp to the ground. I have a loaded dyno inhouse. I will post pictures.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGator View Post
If your're good with tuning you can clean up all the smoke no problem.
Cool! sounds like it is going to be a fun project!
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGator View Post
I do custom tuning on SCT, H&S , ez link and EFI live if you need something for your van.

My van WILL put 600-650 hp to the ground. I have a loaded dyno inhouse. I will post pictures.
SCT tuner for me. I've been through various iterations of tunes from Gearhead, Innovative, TSD, and PHP. The 80HP daily driver from PHP jives the best with the FICM tuning using an older VXCF4 based strategy. That, and it has the best shifting.

Looking forward to seeing your build. I'm interested in what you come up with for the airbox. That Borg Warner is going to need some air.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #16

Quote:
SCT tuner for me. I've been through various iterations of tunes from Gearhead, Innovative, TSD, and PHP. The 80HP daily driver from PHP jives the best with the FICM tuning using an older VXCF4 based strategy. That, and it has the best shifting.

Looking forward to seeing your build. I'm interested in what you come up with for the airbox. That Borg Warner is going to need some air.
I'm going to probaly just fab up a intake tube from the turbo and run it out the headlight... if the filter doesnt give it away the turbo whine coming out the back will..

I fully plan on hurting some feelings with this thing lol. Going to wrap it with a white and rust variation... ugly rims and all
Old 05-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #17

Which EGR delete are you going with and what are your plans for the oil cooler?

O' Dawg's stage 3 ported intake manifold is pretty sweet. http://www.odawgsdiesel.com/product/...take-manifold/
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #18

Here is my custom turbo kit. We call it the " Gold Member". T4 flanges and custom turbo ped.
Attached Thumbnails
69SXC.jpg   GOLDMEMBER.jpg   PED.jpg   PEDKIT.jpg  
Old 05-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Which EGR delete are you going with and what are your plans for the oil cooler?

O' Dawg's stage 3 ported intake manifold is pretty sweet. http://www.odawgsdiesel.com/product/...take-manifold/
The EGR delete kits are all the same to me really. They are all out of site and serve the same purpose.

I thought about that intake manifold... I already am flowing so much air I do not think a ported intake is going to give me much.... Even at my dealer price that manifold is around $700 or whatever.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #20

I don't remember where I saw it, but theres a video of a van competing at a tractor pull. Not sure how much HP it's putting down, but I imagine its pretty decent pulling at an event like that.