Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #11

Welcome to the Colorado Creepers

saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Camper View Post
Congrats on the van! What part of Colorado are you in?

looks like we are (potentially) neighbors.. I'm in South COS.
IrishSprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by saline View Post
Welcome to the Colorado Creepers

Thanks, we're excited!
Old 02-20-2019, 08:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
You already sound like a proud owner - you already have upgrades in mind. Use caution when surfing this Forum for info, so many knowledgeable members with great ideas that you'll be broke before you even get started.
Congrats on your new acquisition.

Thanks; as a hobbyist photographer, I'm pretty accustomed to GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) but, this may be on another level
Old 02-20-2019, 09:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
You can link images from the get go. I have found them much easier to post from my phone using the tapatalk app. That way you don't have to host them elsewhere.

thanks Gramps, tried to link off a google photo album with no success, will troubleshoot when I have some free time
Old 02-20-2019, 09:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Living in CO too, I would hold off on filling and testing your water system until you know how to blow it out and get it set for cold weather. There are some other threads on this forum on best practices for that. In the winter, we just use jugs of water into a dish pan and dump the water outside rather than down the sink. If you use the sink, you will have to pour RV antifreeze down the drain to keep the P trap from cracking and the grey water tank from getting iced up and possibly cracking the drain pipe.

You can come over to Durango and deep clean mine if you need something to do. It's only got a couple of feet of snow on it now from this latest storm.
Eddy, thanks, that's what I was concerned about (freeze damage) so, I'll hold off on testing that system.

be careful what you ask for.. there's clean, and then there's my wife's clean..
Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
It’s great you’re making a commitment to get out with your kids at this age, many fine memories ahead. Ok fine you wanted a cool van and the kids thing is a nice byproduct.....in all seriousness congrats. Do your homework and make sure that 6.0 is prepped and taken care of. If so it can make you happy. If not, well you’ll still make memories.

kids: I think they're excited about it but, they're along for the ride either way so, it's in their interested to at least feighn interest

yes, the 6.0 caused a fair amount of trepidation pre-purchase, but we've got a scanguage to monitor engine vitals and the diesel shop that did my PPI gave me tips on what numbers to watch and which tolerances to be wary of so, if we see indications of impending doom we'll look at some "bulletproof" investing, and, in the near term, take trips to less remote areas until more confidence is built
Old 02-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #18

testing linked images...

Old 02-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #19

Garage
Now thats a nice rig! looks like it was well cared for. Noticed the Propane sticker, so I'm assuming it was well appointed. Hard to tell from just one picture, but looks like you're viod of Solar ??? If thats the case, that would be one of my first "investments", after you complete your personal punch list.
The 6.0 has a reputation; first thing I would do is identify previous owner's maintenance schedule - was one followed? If you have any doubts get the fluids changed first (Include Diff's & transfer case). Is your van equipped with a Coolant filter? Amsoil Dual bypass filter?
You'll have a lot of fun in that Van.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #20

Welcome!
I am also in Colorado, and there seem to be quite a few of us here. It actually took me less than an hour to get mine registered here, assuming you have the paperwork? Zero Problems getting it done in Fremont County. Hope yours goes as well. Mine was in the gallery, but can’t find that since I came back one. It’s
a 2005 Chevy Express EB with bath and gaucho. I’ll be redoing the couch very soon since I need memory
foam! ( bad back). I also need a few ideas on storage
drawers since I only have 2 in the kitchen area. Plety of overhead due to extended top. They are just awkward to use/ organize. Good luck to you, hope to see you sometime.
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote