Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 06:47 PM   #1

Northwest Arkansas Newbie

Hey forum folks! My name is Justin and I live in Northwest Arkansas. I recently purchased the van I have been after for several years. A 98 E350 EB cargo, 7.3, super clean rig.

As of right now I am planning on a Ujoint Offroad conversion (DIY). I figure I owe it to Chris after all the emails and dead ends I chased over the years. Lol

I would like to add a window behind the drivers seat and one in the rear cargo area on the passenger side. I'm also looking for the windows that swing out at the bottom for all of my doors, I think the salvage yard is going to be my best option for this. (Let me know what parts you may need. I'm always happy to help someone if I can.)

I am also leaning towards a Fibren(sp) fiberglass top. Right now I am leaning towards the 24" top. I'll probably add windows along the sides of this as well.

I am thinking at least one Sienna seat in the rear. I want to put it on a rail/track that would allow me a little flexibility to move it from behind the drivers seat to full recline out the passenger barn doors. I'm thinking breakfast in full recline along side the ocean would be perfect.

I'll do most of the work myself and look forward to learning a bunch on here. Thanks for reading.

Justin
@successfullybearded on insta
Attached Thumbnails
20190128_194137.jpg  

successfullybearded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
MSD

Garage
Welcome glad to see you ended up getting a van, is that 3 7.3’s in your fleet now? Based on your 2 F350’s plus the new van :d5 ? Looking forward to seeing the build out.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #3

Small world Justin. I was looking at something on Instagram the other day that you had liked or commented on. Your username (successfullybearded) stuck with me.

Congrats on the van.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #4

@MSD I believe that is the 5th 7.3 in my current "fleet" and the 6th overall 7.3 I've owned. I'm still developing what I will need and what would be nice to have. Historically I always pack way too much stuff on every trip. I think/hope this project will keep me more honest. Lol

@86Scotty the gram is my favorite. I'm 200x more active on insta than I am on FB. The content, for me, is just more in my wheel house. I can always say how cool/awesome something is and leave it at that. I keep a ton a "albums" going in insta too. Lol

Interesting how a name sticks with people.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #5

Garage
Congrats on your latest van and welcome. Looking forward to your conversion/build out as well.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #6

Northwest Arkansas is a beautiful area. I'm originally from that state to the north of you. We would hike a lot in your area. The Buffalo River is one of my favorite places.
R1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:10 AM   #7

R1ck it's a great area to live in. Lots of different adventures to be had, just depends on your mood.

I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I get the project started. Working on selling a bunch of "toys" to get debt paid off and get this project going. Probably do the 4x4 conversion first. Thats going to be the largest cost of the project but it'll be worth it.