Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
Orv

Garage
Orv in Goleta

Just purchased a 1990 Ford E-250 Econoline, with a Sportsmobile conversion. The layout is apparently custom but closely resembles the stock "EB18" design. (I actually found the original order sheet with furniture cutouts carefully taped to the floor plan, in a drawer inside the van.)

In college I had a 1990 E-150 Club Wagon for a while, so the driving dynamics are very familiar.

The van needs very little and I'm looking forward to taking it out. I had a Westfalia for a while, and this reminds me of a bigger, more elaborate version of that.

I'm also an amateur radio operator and frequently volunteer to do communications for rally races, so this should work nicely for that as well. In the past I've used a number of vehicles for that job, most successfully a Mercedes 300TD wagon, but when you're spending all day parked on a logging road in the middle of the woods, a camper has a lot to recommend it.

Orv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:50 PM   #2

Welcome! Post some pics!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:59 PM   #3
Orv

Garage
Maybe this will work?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0078.jpg   IMG_0081.jpg  
Orv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #4

Garage
You've joined the right venue for suggestions, answers, and ideas. Lot of talent here thats supportive and helpful. Pretty much find most answers using the "search" function. Welcome aboard.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #5

Still in the dreaming and planning process here in Carpinteria. Congrats on your new camper!
MarshWalker is offline   Reply With Quote