Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 05:37 AM   #1

Valuation Help

Hey,

I'm completely new to the Sportsmobile community and looking for some upfront assistance with a valuation. My experience is more with the VW values and it seems not all the same rules apply here!

I've found a van that ticks most boxes, and was looking to see if a few people could look at valuing it blind for me to help with negotiating a price.

I'd rather keep most of the details off here for now and over PM mainly, but in summary it's a 1994 Dodge B250 5.2L V8 (2wd) with 154k on the clock, pop top, rear diner. Just over 7ft long so I assume that's a swb version? Generally in great condition for it's age with a few nicks plus the AC and fuel gauge are broken.

Hoping that I can get some help along the way to becoming a fully fledged SMB fan

Any other comments on what to look out for on that model would be appreciated.

cheers.

SherwoodForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #2

There are no secrets here! Just off the cuff, I would say $12k. Dodge is slightly less desirable than ford because you can’t lift them as easy or convert to 4x4. If everything works, 12k, if everything is broken -$4k. It’s 24 years old, but they can still be awesome. Someone will probably find the link and post it here.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #3

Reduce by $1000 for the ac and another $400 for the gauge.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:11 PM   #4

Not too many Dodge guys on here but that's mostly because SMBs and vans in general are overwhelmingly Fords.

PM our Dodge guru, PNTYRMVR. He definitely knows his Dodge SMBs.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #5

Thanks for the quick response.

Seems to tally up with apx where I was thinking anyway. Good to hear the dodge/ford difference too as I hadn't figured that. Dealing directly with the seller at the minute and it's technically not for sale - would post link if it was up and about, because you know, google.

Figured $1000 for the AC, but didn't have no's on the fuel gauge so thanks for that.

Will give PNTYRMVR a shout, but to be honest the quick feedback may be enough - was thinking apx $12k even with the issues, mostly because its clean and well looked after, with solar, all terrains, roof rack and that.

Appreciate it - i'll shout up if things go to plan.
SherwoodForester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b250, dodge, valuation