Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #1

Wiring issues on a NT-16SE Furnace

I have a Palomino Bronco 1251 truck camper that has a NT-16SE furnace that won't start. I've called Palomino and Suburban and they helped as much as they could but here's where I'm at..Looks like the red and yellow wires are capped off and not connected to the power converter or the module or whereever it is supposed to be conncected. I don't know why, I'm the second owner. I know that it was involved in an accident, so maybe the previous owner disconnected it for safety reasons. The thermostat on the wall is working, registering the correct temperature. Any thoughts as to how to properly connect the red and yellow wires? Or should I just take it into a service department? Thanks for your help, Nancy.

missfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #2

Red is the +12 Volt input, and yellow will go to ground. The red input is also internally connected to one of the thermostat inputs.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:46 AM   #3

Thank you

Thank you for the information. I've narrowed it down to this: when plugged into shore power the unit kicks on and produces heat. It appears the red and yellow wires are not plugged into the power converter. The wires are detached with a cap on it. And I can't tell where they go. Do you know where to connect them? I've attached pictures. The last picture is of the back of the converter, I'm not sure if the white wire is supposed to be like that. I'm the second owner of the camper.

Thank you, Nancy
Attached Thumbnails
20190923_103345.jpg   20190923_103403.jpg   20190923_105512.jpg  
Old 09-24-2019, 06:56 PM   #4

So it appears the NT-16SE works fine, and you are not having a problem with it. If plugged into shore power and it works than one would have to assume the converter works. I suspect you have some issues getting to the battery or the battery is low voltage.

When you say the NT-16SE won't start you are saying the fan comes on and it won't ignite?

Low battery voltage will cause the motor to run slow and not close the safety vain switch.

I am not sure what converter you have, but it really should not be opened up like it is.

I suspect that the yellow and red wire are tied together with that quick splice wire tap. It is not really the correct use of that tap.

I would recommend getting the electrical looked over by an RV professional.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:59 PM   #5

Thank you for your response. I think you're correct. Next stop is an RV service center.

Thanks again!