Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 05:26 AM   #1

Question 2001 Ford EB 250 - Seattle - Refurbish Interior Recommendations?

Greetings

In the Seattle / King County area, I am seeking recommendations for a reputable business that can refurbish interior for a 2001 Ford EB 250.

The interior in some places is showing inevitable wear and tear. Primarily cabinet doors on interior counter and side door panels. Other interior features could be addressed.

Appreciate any feedback!
Thank you

Old 08-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #2

Garage
Jeff, it seems that any custom cabinet shop could very easily replace the cabinet doors for you. To see the process, check out this thread from Boy Wonder

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ial-14419.html

You could also consider having the cabinet shop replace the SMB MDF panels with either plywood or solid wood doors to assure that they won't absorb water in the future. I'm in the process (slowly) of replacing all mine with solid hickory to give me a more rustic vibe.

Also, I'd be in the "camp" that says you should keep your van and upgrade the interior rather than getting a newer used version. As you said - the running gear is in excellent condition. Of course if your needs have changed and you want a different power plant or floor plan then by all means maybe moving on is what you should do.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4714.jpg   IMG_4712.jpg  
Old 08-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #3

Garage
I agree any decent Cabinet Shop should be able to accomodate you, and as Steve C mentions you have control of upgrading on product quality.
But just as an option, I contacted SMW last October and they informed me If I sent the door/drawer faces they could make new ones. No doubt this would be more expensive than finding something local, and you would end up with the same material you currently have.
FWIW, I have one outer cabinet face which shows wear as well (from loading & unloading our two folding e-bikes). Just ordered a sheet of black self-adhesive rubber matting that I'm going to affix to cover the scratches, and allow for future "hits" - (only 1/4" thick)
Old 08-19-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
For me the most important part of any SMB-type vehicle should be the actual vehicle itself---without it being pretty much uber-dependable and in top condition everything else would be secondary.

That doesn't mean a bit of updating, upgrading or renewing isn't important--things wear out, tastes and needs change and most of the SMB-type features can under go all that without affecting too greatly the actual vehicle.

Having recently bought what seemed to be a VGC 2005 E350 with fixed top and extended height rear doors its had more than a few issues with the driveline--to the point I've replaced both the transmission and engine to date. Everything I've built in or added to the interior is low priority---none of it can't be used to its design if the van itself isn't reliable transportation.

But that's just IMHO---your own needs and wants will probably be the deciding factor(s) I'm sure.

Good luck!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:42 PM   #5

In Everett WA, I have used Ryan's RV Town before for other minor issues with the Sportsmobile. I am initially going to give them my business in repairing the cabinetry. Will provide updates later.

Tags
eb 250, interior, refurbish