Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #11

Re: 3 years with a Nissan NV SMB

[youtube:31amlc8q]

stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #12

Re: 3 years with a Nissan NV SMB

[youtube:28j6k2lg]
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #13
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Duder, you seem a bit touchy there my man...who cares what others would say as long as you love it! I don't know about Alan since we were Jim and Nancy kinda folks (Ind. Sportsmobile) but I didn't know SMB marketed anything!?! We always felt as if they are just happy to have the business and just wanted to make us happy, letting us choose EVERYTHING...the only thing Jim suggested (after I asked what does the average customer wish they put in...AC) WE found them on a search on the internet, saw a couple of them on road trip on the west coast, wife got to talk to wife of owner (closer to her saying OK), drove to Indy to see a 4x4 that was finished (after seeing it my wife took over on the "we must own one of these"), sat down with Nancy Nicks and built our Sportsmobeebs, using cut outs of cabinets, beds, etc, put them on graph paper/350 EB/ model...Taped things down and hand wrote notes...such a great experience...we still stop in if we are in their neighborhood, and once to fix the lift bars (once when I lifted the top too soon, in excitement and stupidity, didn't unlatch the driver's side pop-top latch) ...but I am not sure what marketing they even/ever attempt...we looked at the Nissan as a possibility purely for the Japanese built reputation of endurance/quality...but my wife and I agreed it wasn't the design we need/wanted. We were looking for something a little meatier and roomier...as for ugly? Well as said, to each their own...some LOVE the Transit so, who knows...we did have a few quality control issues on our Sporty, but we were taken care of when we had the bars fixed...we were lucky we could drop Sporty off for a month while they worked her in or him as my wife states...Iowa and Huntington aren't too far away, and my parents still live in Peoria (1/2 way from DSM-Huntington, great excuse to go see them)Anyway, would love to see pics of the interior and some road shots!!!!... and encourage you to bring the issues up and stop by your build place and let them make it right....I think the will treat you right...they know we'll be their Sprinter customers one day...glad your back for posting!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote