Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #61

yeah kind of a let down. I checked ebay and found a number of pcm for sale from about $150-300. contacted a few sellers if they have cruise control on. Will check into replacing the PCM. So far I in about $160 so not too bad.

surferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
My pcm does not have the option to turn on cruise control.
I'm highly skeptical of that.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #63

not following, you think it does have the option? I watched the guy do it on the computer and we checked all possibilities. Or are you skeptical that I can get a new pcm with cruise?
Old 06-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #64

I just did mine,

Donor vehicle for the wheel and clockspring (yea, you need the clockspring.) was a 1997 E150 Gasser.

Follow the steps @surferdave has outlined or watch the video.
The only thing that I think is missing from this is that the clockspring is wound ~2.5 turns counter-clockwise to lock (on my factory wheel). Install the clockspring too loose or too tight and you risk breaking it. I also didn't need the wheel puller, just a couple hits from a hammer shook the wheel loose.

The master cylinder safety plug was installed in a dummy plug on the driver side wheel well under the master cylinder. I jumped it, and the cruise control light on the dash will come on if I'm above about ~30. Turns off when you hit the brakes. AWESOME!

Donor Vehicle: 1997 E-150 Gas
My Vehicle:2002 E-350 7.3L PSD

Just for fun, Here's my ECM code if you think you need to take it to the dealer to get it turned on. I didn't need to.
ECM:1C2F-AJC
PCM: IQW2

New wheel vs old and busted.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xCjGyEmDU5XQf1yd8

Jumping the Master Cylinder safety:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iCXRrNwtuqeFAGHA8

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
SurferDave, if yours still isn't working; if this is the photo of your clockspring you may have the wrong one, my harness has all six slots filled. https://photos.app.goo.gl/fz96SiRaMoxpiRpb8

Stock non-cruise control clock-spring harness, only 3 wires.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2qgHs5tRgVfWQHm2A

I'm at $16.65 for the wheel and harness and a full Sunday driving out to the junkyard, ripping parts from the donor vehicle, and installing them on my van.

TLDR; Add Cruise Control to 7.3L PSD E350
slothracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:59 AM   #65

Hold on a min!
You have the CC light working?
I'm not even sure where it is, mind getting a quick pic?
How did you get the light to work?

Thanks!

As for my skepticism, I was told a long time ago it was in every Ford PCM just waiting to be activated.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #66

update

Thanks for the update and glad it worked for you. Yes I bought a new clock spring with CC pins. My hope had been that it would just start working. But alas no luck. So as I said before tried to get ford to do it but they would not touch it. I had my diesel guy try it with no luck. See attached photo of the computer settings available. We also checked to all other options but according to my research it should show it there. It seems that my ECM does not have it.

On a side note my diesel guy flashed the ECM and then set updated with latest firmware. He then set the gearing to match my new gearing going from stock 3.55 to 4.10. The tire size that I am running was not available. This caused the shifting to be all over the place. I then had him set it back to 3.55. This helped some but still was not running correct. Unknown to me the guy in San Diego that rebuilt my tranny had tuned ecm for the 4x4 conversion. I had to go down to San Diego and have him reset it to factory original and retune it.

I have seen ecms on ebay and have contacted sellers to see if they have CC but none have ever got back to me.

If any one still thinks its on the ECM and we are just missing and has experience or knows someone in socal I am still down to try
Attached Thumbnails
0524181106.jpg  
Old 06-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #67

more info

So just went and double checked.

Yes clockspring has a full harness of 6 wires.
PCM is IQW3
ECM is see attached not sure which number it is
Attached Thumbnails
0619180812a.jpg  
Old 06-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
Hold on a min!
You have the CC light working?
I'm not even sure where it is, mind getting a quick pic?
How did you get the light to work?
Bbasso here it is, https://photos.app.goo.gl/xTqwuRgZ6WDJPyMo8 standard Ford cruse control icon to the left of the empty tank icon. The light decided to intermittently work on the drive home, so not factory quality by any means. The cruise did work the whole way home, so great success!!

There's some more info on ECM's here. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...ilies-311715It seems like all the 7.3L PSD F-series guys are saying that all the ECM's should work with cruise. Adding cruise help - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
slothracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:10 AM   #69

I'll be looking for it today after work, thanks for showing me the location. And I hope to get my light to work, not that it's critical or something, but cool to see it working.
Very appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #70

I just put in a CC enabled wheel this weekend!

Took it to a mechanic to get the cruise control enabled and they're saying the PCM needs to be updated. Does this sound legit?
Bungs is offline   Reply With Quote