Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #1

Attaching kayak paddles to ladder

I need to carry about 7 kayak paddles with me. I thought I saw someone hang them from the ladder. Has anyone done this? Or are there any other external options for carrying kayak paddles?

NCMODELA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:04 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMODELA View Post
I need to carry about 7 kayak paddles with me. I thought I saw someone hang them from the ladder. Has anyone done this? Or are there any other external options for carrying kayak paddles?
Not sure this'll be helpful but these could be useful if low security is okay: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are other sizes available too, depending on what you're trying to secure in place.

Those aren't necessarily directly related to hanging your paddles from a ladder but if another mounting option is considered maybe the Quick Fist Clamps would be useful in some way.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #3

Would they fit in a ski clamp?
Can also be attached to something you build off the spare tire
Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #4

I usually carry them in the rocket box if I'm going to stop anywhere, for security. Or stuff them in a boat.

If you go horizontal to the ladder, you'll need another support post forward of the ladder. Then you could use ski clamps, or just ratchet straps. Or you could strap them vertical to the ladder, if you add something to the bottom to support them. A rectangle trash can zip-tied to the ladder would probably work.