Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #11

Re: Audisnapr SMB Part Deux

Mine in the same spot on smb west 2006 build is a high idle switch, there may be another name for it, it's used to charge up the batteries rather than letting them charge at a low idle.

2004 Ford F350 Service Truck
2006 Peterbilt 320 (hence my forum handle)
Pete320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:54 AM   #12

Congratulations! Looks great.

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete320
Mine in the same spot on smb west 2006 build is a high idle switch, there may be another name for it, it's used to charge up the batteries rather than letting them charge at a low idle.
thanks! Freaked me out when I switched it on while the van was running. switched it off immediately.

On one of the side barn doors just below the speaker, there's another switch I'm not sure what it does... anyone?
Old 08-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnapr
Quote:
thanks! Freaked me out when I switched it on while the van was running. switched it off immediately.

On one of the side barn doors just below the speaker, there's another switch I'm not sure what it does... anyone?
Might be a switch to keep the dome light from coming on when using the side barn doors.

Herb
Old 08-20-2015, 07:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnapr
Quote:
I put a switch there on mine to shut off the side door speaker. Maybe it does that? Put the stereo on and listen there and turn it on and off to see.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuan
Great looking van. What rims are those. I like them a lot. Never Mind I found them
Sorry, missed this question earlier. Wheels are Level 8 Tracker Pro 17X9. Tires are Cooper STMax 285/70/17
Old 09-23-2015, 11:44 AM   #17

Finally have a few minutes to post some updates. My image server has been on the fritz lately as well and havne't been able to link photos - all seems to be back in order again so here are a few updates.

Placed an order with Alumines a while back. Passenger side ladder, swing arm pin kit, and two new locks - one for the each bumper storage box. Also on the list of minor installs was the swing arm support/stop kit that came with the van from the previous owner. While I was at it I updated the swing arm pins as well - also something that came with the van.

Deciding where to mount the ladder:

Ended up mounting it centered on the grill. Added some grip tape to help protect and provide traction.

The biggest of the minor updates is the awning that I purchased in Vancouver Washington at the beginning of our cross country trip back. I also ordered up a set of 1der's awning brackets which went on pretty smoothly.

Something that became clear was the door alignment when it came time for me to close the door after the bracket installation. I spent another 30 minutes or so aligning the door before it all came together as it should.

One item that I felt needed attention was paint on the nerf bar. It was badly scratched so I thought it either needed to be repainted or covered - I chose the latter.

Last, but certaining not least is the installation of the rear swing arm box I kept from our first van. It didn't mount up exactly the same as the old setup, but I eventually got it there.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #18

In case anyone is looking for hardware to help mount objects to their Aluminess rear swing arms, these worked well with some minor adjustments.

The OD for the Aluminess tubing was not quite 2.0", so in order for these to bolt up nice and tight, a rubber gasket is needed. I used a strip of rubber from a door sweep, found in the door hardware section of Home Depot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290048494772...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT