Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2018, 11:19 PM   #21
Site Team

Garage
My van came with the power tank and I can get just over four fills from 25psi to 70 psi out of it. At expo a couple years ago I was talking to guys at powertank and they totally upgraded me with new hoses, regulator and handle for a small fee compared to what a new set up cost. I really like the co2 over a compressor.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseberry View Post
My van came with the power tank and I can get just over four fills from 25psi to 70 psi out of it. At expo a couple years ago I was talking to guys at powertank and they totally upgraded me with new hoses, regulator and handle for a small fee compared to what a new set up cost. I really like the co2 over a compressor.

This is good info, but what size tank do you have?

I was looking them over the other day after it was posted and it looks like they have 5, 10, 15 and 20# sizes. I did see that they have their fill chart, but it's always nice to know the real world translation.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Don’t have to buy fancy expensive tank. When u go to refill most welding shops trade out ur tank anyway. Just buy regulator & coiled hoses. Get tank from weld shop. Cheap. Paint it if u want to but when empty they will just give u another full tank. Some shops will send ur fancy painted ones off for a refill & u might get it back in a few weeks to a month.
Icky,

If you wouldn't mind, would you share what you used for your set up? Regulator, hose, etc.?

Thanks, Chris
Old 01-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #24

CO2 setup

long ago but I believe I bought the CO2 pressure regulator, coiled hose & air chuck from Amazon. But they have them all over eBay. Look for ‘CO2 pressure regulator tires’. Then just picked up a 5# bottle of CO2 for car & a 10# bottle for rv. Can trade bottles in for full ones at any welding shop. U can paint them black if u don’t like rusty color but u won’t get same bottle back when refilling.
Attached Thumbnails
0CB133E1-185D-4388-A0A8-09AB0AB3C4F1.jpg   FEA01DF6-BE68-4B40-BA76-6844BC44A0ED.jpg  
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #25

Ickys CO2 tanks

The 5# bottle has a fixed 150psi regulator (cheaper). The 10# bottle has the adjustable regulator. Can adjust from 0 to 350 psi I think. Hope this helps.
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote