Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #1

Beware of another scam, GTRV for sale

This ad has been circulating around and was most reciently seen on the GTRV mailing list. I would never buy something this expensive without seeing it in person and transfering title in person with the owner present. Damn crooks.................

Glad you are one of the people interested in buying my 2001 GTRV. I'm selling it because I'm serving in Offutt AFB, Nebraska but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 3 years period, so I don't need it anymore at this time. It's in very good shape, no mechanical issues, no scratches or dents. Not interested in a trade and my final price is $13500. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans on it, under my name. If you are interested in buying it or if you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Hi again ,

I will do my best to walk you through the process. As I told you in my first email, I recently got promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for 3 years. The RV is located in Omaha, Nebraska, but I advertised it on other states also to get more exposure and sell it faster. It will be shipped from there by plane with US Navy Military Cargo. Shipping will be done door-to-door, to your exact location, so you will not have to pick the RV up yourself. The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do about it. Using eBay`s Buyer Protection Program, you get free delivery, at your place in 5 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. If you wish to proceed just send me an email with your full name (for the bill of sale), a delivery address and a phone # where you can be reached and I will forward them to eBay and they will send you the invoice with all of the transaction details.

Thanks,

Robert.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #2

Re: Beware of another scam, GTRV for sale

Well, there's an obvious tip-off: an Air Force person would never allow the Navy to fly his/her van anyplace...
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #3

Exact same scammers were listing an LJ wrangler when I was in the market year and a half ago. Actually spoke to one of them on the phone and his story started to fall apart after a few detailed questions about the jeep and about his status in the service. Told me he was a chef, which I thought was genius! Had a middle eastern type of accent BTW.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #4
Site Team

The military does not fly personal cargo on military planes -- Period! Even if a person is transferred overseas their personal goods are shipped by private carrier. Sounds fishy to me!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #5

Same old scam. I've gotten this same response 5 times when inquiring about a 'too good to be true' deal.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote