Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 07:16 AM   #11

These are the threads that make forums great!

Thanks for sharing. You've given me a solution to a problem I've been mulling over as well. Astro vans are getting so cheap now you can just buy the whole van almost for the interior pieces you need!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:22 AM   #12

And just look what a quick Craigslist search returned! You coulda had these babies and been all the rage. Imagine what your girlfriend would've thought that first night when you turned on the disco ball and folded down this luxurious velvet creation! (Quarter slots on the side not shown in photos)

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.20.31 AM by 86scotty, on Flickr

Old 08-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #13

I have a 2010 express I’ve removed the electric third seat. It folds flat as well as moves forward and back. You interested?
N2outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2outdoors View Post
I have a 2010 express I’ve removed the electric third seat. It folds flat as well as moves forward and back. You interested?
Where are you located?
wantahertzdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by borretta View Post
I don't have any installation step-by-step pics unfortunately..I think I was too excited during the process to find out it all actually worked like I hoped to think about documenting anything.

My guess is you'll be fine marrying the 2010 Express bench parts to virtually any year of the Astro bench seats- The Astro seats I think never went through a design change and the Express seats never changed until just the 17/18 models. I took some quick measurements, but mostly just gambled on if they would fit or not- Astro seats are dirt cheap (I think I paid $30 at a junkyard), so the risk is low to give it a try. The most time consuming part was getting the damn bolts off those seats- to detach the pedestals I ended up ubolting a wrench to a 6 foot 2x4 for leverage.

I did take a few pics once the van was finished (see below). As I mentioned previously, I transferred the foam and cover of the seat back onto the Astro frame, so apart from the red head rests (which I'll replace eventually), it looks like an original express seat

[IMG] [/IMG]

Thanks for posting up about this seat to bed platform setup. I'm in the process of researching the same stuff and trying to figure out how to add seat capacity above the driver and passenger without loosing useful space.

Throwing an astro van seat in and incorporating that with the bed platform is brilliant. I just found one on craigslist for $50. I was wondering around looking at marine bench seats as options but this is much better since it's already designed for a vehicle.

Excited to start the interior build and get this going. I'm installing this into a Ford E350 EB and anticipate having to make some custom mounts to get this thing bolted to the floor but I don't think that will be too difficult.

Plan is to have a platform in the back with roll out storage space underneath, pretty standard I guess.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #16
JPB

Thanks for this forum thread! I just succeeded putting an Astro folding seat in my third row. My third row also had the chest strap attached to the metal bar out in the back, but I swapped it out with the lap belt from the Astro. So no chest belt, but at least a lap belt in the middle.
I'm thinking about doing it to the 2nd row just so I have some headrests on that row.
But even though this thread is old, I thought I'd just say thanks to everyone! We can now sleep lengthwise in the back!
JPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:37 PM   #17

I have Astro folding tops in both my second and third row seats. Wouldn’t go back. Useful in so many ways.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:18 AM   #18

Hard to find though.....
Old 01-18-2022, 01:01 PM   #19
JPB

Another thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
I have Astro folding tops in both my second and third row seats. Wouldn’t go back. Useful in so many ways.
In my search for another astro seat I have come across the bucket-like bench LT version. It does not fold forward but does recline. Any idea if this would still attach to my Express bench?
JPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:24 AM   #20

I can't confirm because I haven't tried it myself, but I don't see why not. The base frame for all of these is basically the same where the back attaches from what I understand.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote