Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #11

Re: Espar Hydronic failure

Dave,

To follow up on what Greg says here, when I first took delivery of my van I had problems with the hydronic exactly like you mention. It sounds like it starts fine and tries to fire up and then it just sort of shuts down and you get the error code?

After a significant amount of ripping, tearing, trying, replacing, etc. We discovered that the Ford coolant hoses in the engine compartment were "kinked" or essentially crossed over each other which ever so slightly restricted the flow of coolant through the whole system. Once that was corrected, the thing ran like a top. From that, I took away that any restriction of the flow of coolant (and it seems pretty sensitive) can have that effect.

So if you recently had the van worked on, or moved some things around a bit or something it might make sense to run your hands (or your eyes) through the routing to make sure there isn't a pinch somewhere.

I can tell you that you will know immediately if you find it because the thing will fire up and fly right on the first try after fixing the kink.

Hope that helps...

DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #12
Site Team

Garage
Re: Espar Hydronic failure

Thanks guys. This all did take place after a major Ford engine repair . I just didn't know what was going on with the cold air temp thing. It runs great in mild temperatures.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #13
Gone Traveling

Excessive Heater Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanduytG View Post
Dave

Your problem is water flow ei; the lack of it. Look at all the hose and make sure their are no kinks or pinched lines. From what I recall SMB ran and excessive amount of heater hose. One way to combat the problem is add and aux pump. Very easy to install and you can use it to get hot water when the engine is warm and not have to start the heater.

Greg
Ain't that the truth, you should see the ATW setup!
I've had numerous problems too, sent it back to Rixens 2 years ago, and again last week. Only this time after replacing atomizer screen again I still can't get it running. Fires up for 30 seconds then dies out. Got water flow in the coolant, got hot water when running on electric. Had the same dust issues with intake. But now it has tripped the lock out again and I don't know where the altimeter sensor is so I can fix the white and blue wire error when trying to read codes. Good f-ng job SMB W! They didn't even hook that up right and tearing everything apart trying to find where the hell they hid it. UFB!
HatchetMatt is offline   Reply With Quote