Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

Experience with Northwest QuadVan

I am at the point were I want to start adding Aluminess products to the exterior of my van. So I contacted them and asked if they had somebody local they could recommend, nice gentleman on the other end stated that they deal a lot with Northwest QuadVan and that I should order through them.

So I call and get ahold of John, who identifies himself as the owner. I tell him that I am ready to purchase a Aluminess Rear bumper, with standard box, back up lights, and a lighted mount for my license plate. He says it would be best to send him an email, so I do. That was April 29th, I heard no response, so I sent him another one on May 3rd. Still no response...

So here is my question, am I being to inpatient? Has anybody dealt with Northwest Quadvan before? Does anybody have a recommendation for other installers in the Portland Oregon area?

Thanks for checking out my post here is some eye candy....

2009 Modified RB21 E350 4X4 6.0L Diesel
CascadeWalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #2

Re: Experience with Northwest QuadVan

Call him and ask him to add your email to his trusted senders list. I suspect your messages are ending up in the junk folder. Business have to have pretty strict filtering because the spam artists have gotten a lot better.

You could also just drive by. They do some pretty impressive work. It's worth a tour. They are on front street just north of Union Station.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Site Team

My opinion, you should never have to beg anybody to take your business or your money.

Herb
Old 05-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #4

He is quite busy, don't hesitate to call him a few time until things move as you desire or as mentioned above go by the shop and you will have all your answers in a short time.
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #5

If you're local drop by the shop. John is a great guy. Not sure what to tell you about the email thing. I've always just driven down there and talked to him in person. I'd bet John at Quadvan has more experience mounting Aluminess products than anyone else in the Pacific Northwest. He's the guy to deal with if you are in the Portland area.

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #6

I will share my experience about QuadVan if I may. I had sent them an email with just questions in general on the package and options they had. I wasn't going to buy even a vehicle but wanted to know their price range. Not only was John patient in taking the time to list out the prices and all the info, but he was courteous and very prompt in doing so, having actually responded to my email the next day! My guess in why you haven't heard back may be that your email ended up in the business filter box. Like someone else said, you may wanna call back his office and ask regarding this.
pffan1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #7

Garage

Quadvan converted my van and the process went smoothly and they were straight up with me. John is a great educator and loves his customers. I ran into him at Home Depot and it was like seeing an old friend. I plan on using him to upgrade my tank to a 46 gallon transfer flow.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #8

Yep, calling is your best bet. I wouldn't say correspondence is Quadvan's strength, but once you get either Blaine or John on the phone you'll be good to go. I know it seems counterintuitive to trust a business that won't get back to you via email, but most everyone (if not all) who have worked with John rave about the final results, including me. Think of them like a great restaurant that's hard to get a reservation for. But if it's just a rear bumper and box you're looking to add you could try these guys:

http://www.vanspecialties.com/gallery/a ... mpers.html
ghoSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #9

Or you could just buy direct from Aluminess and install it yourself....

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #10

I imagine there are lots of 4x4 shops in and around Portland, and many probably already deal with Aluminess. Just start calling around, and have the thing drop shipped to that location. I've found that recommendations for shops I've gleaned off pirate4x4 have been super helpful.

It may be that Quadvan just doesn't have the time; although they may install a lot of Aluminess products it might be that they priortize van builds. Attaching a bumper isn't really that difficult, unless you've already got some mods you have to work around. I had discussed Aluminess with the guys I use for work of this sort, and although we opted not to go in that direction for lots of reasons all the installer needs is a bit of familiarity with the product and your van.

Rob