Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #21

Re: Fixed Top: Cruiser / Cruiser II

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeots
HI Dave, I bought a top just like that one (mine is the 32" version). I think the one in the picture is the 24" version from the same manufacturer. I ordered it through Cycle Van located in NJ. I am pretty sure it was delivered to my door for just under 2k. ELvis 2!
I saw nothing at cyclevan.com that looks like the SMB picture, i.e. my van, and I am trying to find out the manufacturer. Do you have a photo of yours on or off your rig? That would allow me to eliminate cyclevan if it is not mine. Thanks!

p.s. The one in the picture is certainly not a 24" version as the standing room is about 6'7" from the floor to the upholstered ceiling.

Electrical: 4 cf fridge, nuker, water heater, compressor
Propane: stove top, furnace Travel: https://www.lugnutlife.wordpress.com
coyotearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #22

well whatever the sequence of events good luck to you. I am going to be ordering the same top toward the end of the year.

thanks and good luck

ps. i did the e-mail in august. so I guess it was not me.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete
Anyway, and my point, there was a nice ford EB in the VS shop with the same 24" top we are getting and it looked very aerodynamic and sharp.
Funny, that was our van you saw. Just picked it up before new years and like it more every day.
handjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #24

The Original Cruiser Top is still being made by Fiberine! I was at Fiberine yesterday and they said they will still supply a top to Sportsmobile. You can see the inside of the top here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6121

Sorry, I was only concerned about the inside, but if you go on Fiberine's website the top they have pictured under the "Super Camper" is exactly the one I saw just out of the mold before Gel Coat, gray in color.

Later!

2006 E350 EB, V-10, 6 inch UJoint Offroad 4X4 Conversion, Fiberine Super Camper Top
smugdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to dave_in_delaware

That's awesome news, thank you! I like the Original one better than the newer one....

Homebuilt RV Project: Design Phase is 80% Complete! (but on hold until I win the lottery)
Ford E-350 EB w/ Cruiser Top, Flip-down "Gaucho" sofa/bed, custom cabinets, AGM batteries, solar panels, water heater, fresh/gray water tanks, sink, porta-potty....
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote