Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #1

Found two different GM Conversion vans and have questions

I have found two 2010 conversion vans, one is a Chevy Express 1500 AWD and the other is a GMC 1500 AWD. The Chevy has a high top and leather seats and is totally loaded. I was wondering if the high top causes a problem with the wind and if it lowers your gas mileage. The GMC has a roof air conditoner with electric plug in that was installed at Explorer in Indiana. I was wondering if an airconditioner is a benefit for resale or an undesirable option. The GMC has a regular roof. Both have the double doors and are 2010. I show dogs so if it were hot, the airconditoner would be great if I had electric capability which we do at some shows.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Linda Miz

BELROYALE19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #2

Re: Found two different GM Conversion vans and have question

I have a 2011 GMC 3500 with the Sportsmobile low profile roof and a roof air conditioner. For the first 10,000 miles with the 6.3L engine and 6 speed tranny I'm averaging 14.7 mpg.
oldbernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #3

Re: Found two different GM Conversion vans and have question

Pretty tough to look at these vans in terms of resale value. You really should want/need the van because it is depreciating as we speak. The loaded Express should probably have front and rear A/C which might be enough for you? I have a '06 Express 1500 awd with a SMB pop top that gets 16-18 mpg, drives great with no problems. Not sure what the high top will do. The good thing is that these vans are pretty affordable compared to the bigger vans.
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote