Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #1

Heard a rumor from a vendor that transit wil lbe offered with 4x4 stock?

Anyone else hear this? I would take it with grain of salt....but still, it supposedly is going to happen..Anyone else heard anything? If so when?

sjappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #2

Europe already has a 4x4 Transit. From what I've seen of it, I'd rather have an aftermarket 4x4 system. I know we're not going to stop development of a robust 4x4 conversion even if Ford decides bring the euro model over.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Europe already has a 4x4 Transit. From what I've seen of it, I'd rather have an aftermarket 4x4 system. I know we're not going to stop development of a robust 4x4 conversion even if Ford decides bring the euro model over.
Curious to know why you dont like the stock 4 x 4 system on the European Transits ?

thanks

john
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
Curious to know why you dont like the stock 4 x 4 system on the European Transits ?

thanks

john
Because it is designed for the European market with smaller drivetrains and less focus on off-road. It is also an intelligent AWD, not actually selectable, hi/lo 4x4. Complex german engineering with tons of electronic nannies. If I were into 2.0L low clearance sedans with just enough capability to make it to the mountain slopes on groomed roads, then I'd be all over it. I am however, not into that.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Because it is designed for the European market with smaller drivetrains and less focus on off-road. It is also an intelligent AWD, not actually selectable, hi/lo 4x4. Complex german engineering with tons of electronic nannies. If I were into 2.0L low clearance sedans with just enough capability to make it to the mountain slopes on groomed roads, then I'd be all over it. I am however, not into that.
Summed up my feelings exactly.
CaptainVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:54 AM   #6
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
This would be on top of already having the Quigley 4X4 systems available as a factory authorized option on the Transits?

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
This would be on top of already having the Quigley 4X4 systems available as a factory authorized option on the Transits?

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
I dont think the Euro version will ever come over. Like i said above, it is designed around smaller drivetrains and also much different drivetrains than the US version. If they ever do make a factory system, it will probably be like the Explorer AWD. Thats just a guess. Ford does run the entire gamut from totally awesome (engineering in the Raptor, Focus RS, GT) to completely idiotic (the Transits rear heat/A/C design) so who really knows what they'll do.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #8

^^Truth^^

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #9

Quote:
If I were into 2.0L low clearance sedans with just enough capability to make it to the mountain slopes on groomed roads, then I'd be all over it. I am however, not into that.
Hey Now, Ya know not all 2.0L sedans are created equal.

After all the adventure and abuse that car was put through it ended up being a distracted driver that destroyed it a block from the house.

ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
Hey Now, Ya know not all 2.0L sedans are created equal.
Subarus are far more capable off-road than people might think. I saw two on a knarly jeep trail in Sedona a few weeks ago. I have respect for the 'roos. The desire to own one... no.