Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #1

Hello from Salt Lake City - New Some Advice

Hey there. This is my first post on the forum, I bought my Sportsmobile new in 2002 from Clovis location and totally love it. I went with the E350 XLT 4X4 with the 7.3L diesel. Since we were hauling kids around we put in 4 captain seats and the rear bench seat so we can seat 7. We have the microwave and fridge but no water facilities. Off grid camping in Utah is fabulous and we love the upper sleeping area and the couch also drops into a second bed.

Our kids are now grown and the vehicle sits most the time. It has 92,000 miles and i now the 7.3L diesel is one of Ford's better engines.

We are going to list it for sale. Any suggestions on what i should ask?

kallen1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #2

Pop top? Quigley 4x4 or ??? Bumpers? Color? Solar? Fuel tank??
Pictures and a more extensive list will help.

There seem to be a few threads of late with similar questions and threads listing similar rigs for sale. Depending on how it is equipped anywhere from $25k to $75k
Old 10-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Ford 4X4 E350 Diesel Camper with 7.3L

Thanks for reply 1der. The van has a Pop Top and is a Quigly 4X4. I'll attach a few photos. Any advice on pricing would be helpful.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Van 15.jpg   Van 6.jpg   Van 7.jpg   Van 16.jpg   Van 3.jpg  

Van 14.jpg  
Old 10-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #4

Look on SMB’s website in their used section to find comps. That van will bring high dollar with the 7.3 liter engine, which is very in demand.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #5

E350 4x4 for sale

Thanks for the info Brian. We hate to sell it but it sits 99% of the time. A sweet vehicle!!!
Old 10-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #6

You’re probably looking somewhere in the neighborhood of $50k give or take $10k depending on how everything is laid out inside and bed sizes etc. lots of families looking for something for kids with sleeping for 4 and forward facing seats.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #7

Thanks for the advice on my Van. Based upon everyone’s input I will list at $49,000 and see how it goes from there.

Thanks again!!!
Old 10-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #8
Site Team

I'm interested in watching this post because I am considering selling my 2002 SMB. Mine is gasoline (not diesel), and only 2W drive, but it is lifted and has a locking rear differential. It only has 73,000 miles on it. Mine also sits most of the time. But, when I do use it I love it. Since I love to go camping, I can't fathom what I would do without the SMB since I am too old to tent camp. The SMB doesn't cost many anything other than registration and insurance every year, so it seems worth it even if I only use it four or five times a year. But, when I see it just sitting in the driveway, I often think of selling it.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmcintire View Post
I'm interested in watching this post because I am considering selling my 2002 SMB. Mine is gasoline (not diesel), and only 2W drive, but it is lifted and has a locking rear differential. It only has 73,000 miles on it. Mine also sits most of the time. But, when I do use it I love it. Since I love to go camping, I can't fathom what I would do without the SMB since I am too old to tent camp. The SMB doesn't cost many anything other than registration and insurance every year, so it seems worth it even if I only use it four or five times a year. But, when I see it just sitting in the driveway, I often think of selling it.

Keep in mind that yours will sell for less than half of what this one will sell for. This one has a few huge pluses: 7.3, not-white, 4x4 to name a few. Yours sounds really nice and is what most people need, but having bought and sold a lot of these every single buyer has said they wished mine were 4x4. Not that they wanted to pay the premium for 4x4...
Old 10-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #10

I just bought a fully built out 2006 2wd smb with 98k miles with a gas motor for $26k and they had it for sale for over a month. Probably could have gotten it for less.

4x4 is a $10-20k upgrade depending on if you have to pay for installation. So it carries about $7-15k extra in the resale market because you’d have to throw down $17k cash to agile for the conversion. No financing in sight for that.

Tags
e350, price, sale