Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #11

Re: HELP!!! first timer build starts today

one quick question, what's the difference in pure sine and modified? The fridge I'm looking at is laborers 1.4A, 6h2, 100w for what ever that's worth.

MontesaGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
What about the manual option? I bet I could save slot depending on the price of the switch? Do you know what type of toggle would work?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #13

I don't know about which toggle might work, sorry, but someone here will. Also try the Open roads forum on electrical stuff as noted above and Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums. All good for gathering info. My isolator (voltage sensing relay, actually) does NOT have a manual option. It is automatic but works great. You may want to read more about it on Amazon (including reviews), but there are lots of ways to isolate and switch batteries.

Pure sine wave power works just like AC power and won't heat up or damage electric motors or transformers (chargers). Modified sine wave inverters are much cheaper and put out power plenty pure enough to run most electronics (refrigerators, microwaves, kitchen appliances, etc). BUT, i'm no expert. I do know for sure that fridges and microwaves and coffee pots are ok on modified sine wave but not sure about other things.

Read the FAQ here towards the bottom of the page, very helpful site: http://www.donrowe.com/

Do you have 2 batteries already? You should on a diesel, one is probably under the hood and one along a frame rail underneath, i think. Someone will chime in soon and answer this for you, no doubt. what year is your van?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #14

2002, yes two battery's. I have access to a few new marine battery's, goin to give it a try and and utilize those as well.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #15

My build just started on Monday Oct.3, 2011 (E-350 V-10 SMB 50). I am trying to figure out how to post photos.
Great site.
Good luck.
BillPa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPa1
My build just started on Monday Oct.3, 2011 (E-350 V-10 SMB 50). I am trying to figure out how to post photos.
You can skip some of this since you've already mastered getting a photo in your gallery:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110
Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #17

Any updates?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote