Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #11

Another contender just released
https://gearjunkie.com/4x4-winnebago...amper-sprinter

Squirrel_murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Not to get too off topic here but I just wanted to give you a heads up that even if you didnt have to pay for a kit, axles, driveshafts, or tranny rebuild your still not going to save 20k doing a DIY 4wd install.
Got a hijack going on now.... LOL

Transfer case and front axel from the JY is cheap. $20k is what the conversion companies here in Colorado are marking up their 4x4 vans. The work is being done by $15hr shade tree, so called mechanics. If I put an axel under my van I could start it off at $35k and sell at $30 and still make $20k on my 2010.

My only point on this thread was; If you have a $140k of your parents money burning a hole in your pocket, there are a TON of options out there at that price range.

Again, I was just adding my opinion as an option for the OP.
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #13

Garage
Oh i see what your saying, I misunderstood. Yep, lots of options.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #14

Provan Tiger:
Heavy duty one ton 4wd truck, reg cab ex cab, crew cab, fully self contained with walk thru camper built on, two beds, high ground clearance, solar options.
Fits your budget, two newer lo mile used ones out there for @$90k. I just bought one.

The Bengal - Tiger Adventure Vehicles

Link to website with pictures:
http://www.tigervehicles.com/wp-cont...400.jpg?x88549
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0177.jpg   IMG_0178.jpg  
gbail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #15

I rented a Tiger RV from this place in Denver a year or so ago to try it out. The smallest model they make now is the Bengal (10' 6" ht) and the price is well over $140,000 with the typical options. They are pretty hard to find used because there just aren't many of them on the road.

Tiger Bengal Rig | Adventure Vehicle Rentals | Sportsmobile | Tiger | Chaser | Rubicon | Landcruiser | Colorado

They are really a different beast to a Class B. They are much closer in size to a Class C RV. I thought the one I rented was huge and too big for me. It was very marginal in a single parking spot. It was built pretty well but the one I rented was a pretty poor driving vehicle on any road that wasn't blacktop. I remember being on a moderately rough Forest Service road and getting passed by a Toyota RAV4 SUV because I could only stand to go about 20 mph because of the bouncing and rattling. It is a very stiff, heavy duty, full size pickup with a lot of weight on it. I quickly decided that I needed a true Class B to tour the country.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote