Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

Help! Van stuck in park

Hoping someone here has encountered this problem or has heard of it and can help me out. I bought a 2003 E350 7.3 diesel 2-3 weeks ago and it has been driving great. The shifter was sloppy but worked fine and the engine and transmission all seemed to be great. I left for a business trip for a week and got up this morning to move the van out of the driveway since it was blocking my commuter car, starts up no problem but can't shift it out of park, and I am almost certain it is just a problem with the shifter.

I tried pumping the brakes while attempting to shift. I pulled off the lower dash and lower half of the steering wheel cover looking for the shift override switch/lever per several youtube videos but couldn't find it. All of my brake lights work so its not not the brake switch right?

I was in a hurry to figure out how else to get to work so I didn't have tons of time to investigate, but will have plenty of time tonight. If anyone has encountered this problem and defeated it I would greatly appreciate some advice. Trying to avoid towing it somewhere to get fixed.

BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #2

Check the linkage on the transmission.. if it was already sloppy you may have a problem there.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote