Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

How do you get the dog house out?

I am planning to install a 12V outlet on the passenger side and went to pull the dog house off and it won't pull past the two plastic panels that are knee high on both the passenger side and the drivers side. The black rubber seal sticks out far enough that it hits on both sides. Do I need to pull one of the panels off or should it just pull past the panels?
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #2

I always just pull off the panel on the passenger side to make more room.

Phil

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #3

Yup, just grab either one of the panels, grit your teeth and pull it off. It then just pops back in place when you're done.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #4

Sounds like I'm missing some panels my doghouse comes right out. Pictures?
Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #5

Here ya go.

On my rig, you really have to pull out one or the other to remove the dog house.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for replying. I just figured I was missing something. I pulled the passenger side panel and the dog house came right out. It made the install of the 12v on the passenger side much easier. Two hours later all done. Thanks agian.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #7

Ahhh, yes, but be careful on pulling the driver's side panel. I pulled that one on one of my dog house removals, and you'll note those little toggle switches there... the wires pulled off the back of those. I only have one toggle, which is allegedly some sort of idle control, but the wires aren't labeled, so I have no idea how to reassemble. Was figuring some day I'll get back to SMB and have them do it.

BUT... if anyone has the wiring info on that for the idle control (and really, tell me again why I'd care????), that'd be great.
Amsoil
kzemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzemach
Ahhh, yes, but be careful on pulling the driver's side panel. I pulled that one on one of my dog house removals, and you'll note those little toggle switches there... the wires pulled off the back of those. I only have one toggle, which is allegedly some sort of idle control, but the wires aren't labeled, so I have no idea how to reassemble. Was figuring some day I'll get back to SMB and have them do it.

BUT... if anyone has the wiring info on that for the idle control (and really, tell me again why I'd care????), that'd be great.
I can take pictures tonight of the wiring if needed. However, I can tell you in non-technical terms why you care.

If you are idling your diesel for an extended period of time at low RPMs, carbon deposits will form which can be harmful to your engine. Using the idle control to increase the RPMs will negate this affect. I hope I got that right.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea
I can take pictures tonight of the wiring if needed. However, I can tell you in non-technical terms why you care.

If you are idling your diesel for an extended period of time at low RPMs, carbon deposits will form which can be harmful to your engine. Using the idle control to increase the RPMs will negate this affect. I hope I got that right.

Ahhh, you mean wetstacking. That I understand... increase the load so you don't soot the heck out of your diesel system. I don't actually idle for extended periods (other than a 5 min cooldown if I've been hauling ass on the freeway), but I would like to get it back in order. A pic would be great; I'm assuming that when I then switch it I'll be able to instantly tell which way is which!
Amsoil
kzemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #10

My panel had ink markings on the back showing which wire where.

I might have a pic somewhere.