Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #1

how much weight on CCV pop top?

How much weight can you put on a pop top from Colorado Camper Van (CCV)?

OK to put two solar panels, a rack, a fantastic fan, and either a cargo box or two paddle boards?

I'm getting a medium profile top put on in a few weeks and am in final planning stages. I'm aware of weight limits generally speaking for the sports mobile top, but am hoping to hear from you all with CCV tops. What did CCV say? What do you have on top? How many pounds? Have you had any problems?

This will decide my layout and near term purchasing of goodies.

Thanks!!
Bill

yelnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:19 AM   #2

My very uneducated guess is that you'd be fine. I had a CCV top with a roof air unit (#100?) and the fantastic fan (very little weight) and a small rack and it lifted fine. Derek didn't have a number answer for me back then but said he trusted the motors he used/uses and it might just need a little help getting started, a small push from completely down where the most stress is. Mine didn't, it lifted fine. It all depends on what you keep in that roof box though. Bricks might be a bad idea. Light gear a good idea.
You could, of course, just call them and get the actual weight limit. They're a lot more organized these days and you should get an immediate answer on the phone with a person who should know.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:54 AM   #3

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Keep in mind that Light Beer does not weigh any less than a good IPA.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
Keep in mind that Light Beer does not weigh any less than a good IPA.
Bottled would weigh a bit more than cans. The problem would the weight of the insulation and all the ice to keep it cool in the cargo box.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote