Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #11

Re: Idaho (Boise Area) Ford Dealer Recommendation

Yeah, thanks to all for the input. I'm hoping its the start of a good relationship with a mechanic I trust. If you're going to be in Boise, send me a PM or an email and we can hook up. I'm about 15 minutes from Lithia if you need a place to crash.

Happy/Merry
Bryan

DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
Site Team

Garage

A day and a half? That's unreal. Every dealership quoted me a week to 2 weeks for the bed plate leak. All I hope is the repair that Freedom Ford of Fresno did will hold up OK. They gave me a royal screwing. I don't like putting down or suggesting a mechanic because there are so many things that can go wrong or right during a repair, but the way the owner treated me at Freedom, I suggest everyone should stay clear of that place.
Glad you guys have a good dealership up there. I'll put that info in my travel computer.
Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #13

Dave,
I heard that some people were having problems at Freedon Ford. I had them work on my rig last year and they did a fantastic job of doing the HPOP in one day. Yes, one day. But I've heard that things aren't as happy around there anymore and that's a shame.

We took the van out for a day and it hauls butt now so I'm still happy. The proof is in how long it stays running right though...
DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #14

Thanks for all the information and comments on Lithia Ford in Boise. Glad they know how to handle Sportsmobile issues.
Like I said before, they have replaced a power-steering hose, a radiator hose and done all my oil changes and I am totally satisfied with their work and help.
Rapidz
Rapidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #15
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKCSUN
Dave,
I heard that some people were having problems at Freedon Ford. I had them work on my rig last year and they did a fantastic job of doing the HPOP in one day. Yes, one day. But I've heard that things aren't as happy around there anymore and that's a shame.

We took the van out for a day and it hauls butt now so I'm still happy. The proof is in how long it stays running right though...
I really feel for the service manager; he seemed like a good guy. The place is a union shop and although I don't know if that was a factor, I do know the owner was a major problem. I'm seeing that many dealerships don't stock the parts like they used to. But they had my rig for over 2 months...and what happened there?...totally unacceptable!!!!

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #16

I heard Lithia Ford might be up for sale so a backup Ford guy might be nice to have.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote