Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #21

Garage
Re: ignition stuck....dont know how else to describe situati

^^^ ty for the info brain. i will give it a go and report back when i get a few minutes to try.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:22 AM   #22

Garage

got a few minutes to remove ignition yesterday after work. entire process took me about ten min start to finish, including pix. i didnt remove bottom cover, but it would probably be easier if you did.

put ignition in on position and stuck a #1 phillips screwdriver into the guide hole. once i hit the little ballbearing deal that holds it in place the ignition slide right out no issues. took it inside for some better light and could see the little nub i had pushed down the other day. turned it over and it fell right out. ended up being orange, not pink.

if you look at this pic, the little nub was stuck in the area just between the small protrusion of thin metal with the hole in it and the black thing the key goes into. its really hard to tell with my cell phone pic, but theres a little square hole right there and thats where this little orange piece of broke plastic was hanging out.

i inspected the entire assembly to see where the orange piece of plastic came from, but it wasnt obvious. so im guessing it was part of a piece you cant see on the inside. im having a hard time believing that little piece of plastic was what was keeping my ignition from turning, but i have no other theories. it seems like if that little piece of plastic was the culprit that i would have been able to jiggle it past it. especially with how sloppy that little bit of plastic was in the area it was stuck. the ignition was solid when it was stuck. it didnt budge at all. who knows, but everything is still working good...for now.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 12-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #23

Shenrie, thanks for following up. I just hope I'll be able to remember this when it happens to me! I had no idea an ignition was that easy to pull.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Shenrie, thanks for following up. I had no idea an ignition was that easy to pull.

Me neither......good info.

Thanks for the photo documentation.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #25

There's also a good walkthrough on the Ford Trucks van forum at http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11535 ... added.html

The switch info is a few pics down.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #26

Garage

^^^ i obviously need to spend more time on that site. a lot of my searches take me there anyway, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Shenrie, thanks for following up. I had no idea an ignition was that easy to pull.

Me neither......good info.

Thanks for the photo documentation.
np gents. least i can do honestly. you both always contribute great writeups documented well with photos. im just keepin up with the jones's