Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2019, 11:16 AM   #11

[QUOTE=JWA;249198 The problem becomes regardless what the agent tells you if they're wrong or deceptive in making promises you won't know until a claim is made. You sign and pay for coverage thinking you have one thing but when making a claim you only then discover you don't have what you thought you had. The agent's promises are not binding to the carrier especially if they're brokers and not employed full-time and exclusively by the carrier.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's a bit of a crap shoot, but if others have had satisfactory claims experience, that's a huge step in the right direction. I had a claim on my SF homeowners policy a few years ago, and the process went exactly as my agent said a claim on my van would go. I got a fair settlement, but it took a bit of back and forth after the initial settlement offer.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:18 PM   #12

I have usaa as well. They use progressive for RV insurance. I have a 2003 EB27 and pay $55 a month for decent full coverage. I recall there was one option that dropped the monthly rate a lot but could bite me in the butt if the van gets totaled. The option was agreed value or actual cash value at time of loss.
Lazy_Daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:12 AM   #13

Garage
I have Progressive Insurance on my 2002 Sportsmobile at stated value which was the purchase price at the time I bought it. I added the van to my RV Insurance policy. Progressive seems to understand RV's and Vans as I had no problem getting a policy for around $400 per year on the van. I understand Progressive is one of the insurance companys that Good Sam uses for their RV insurance.
7oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #14

I have State Farm insurance in Wisconsin on on a new 2018 Sprinter Sportsmobile. My local agent spent a fair amount of time doing the legwork. It is insured as a Recreational Vehicle with the exact same coverage and deductibles as my other 2 vehicles. I am paying $680 per year as I recall which seems reasonable for me for coverage on a vehicle worth well over $100k. I would never even consider changing insurance companies after a couple of prior great experiences with claims from State Farm.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote