Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #1

INSURANCE FOR MY E-250 VAN

I have searched many of the past posts on insuring Sportsmobiles and find it somewhat confusing. Presently I am with PROGRESSIVE for both my vehicles BUT since I have "built out" the van with many upgrades I want it insured for STATED VALUE.

The agent is having difficulty finding how to insure it because I have built it out my way which is without any plumbing such as a sink, toilet, etc which, according to the agent does not qualify it as an RV.

I have provided the agent with a list of all the upgrades and costs. I also told her I have all the receipts for work done as well as pictures as documentation.

It would seem to me that it would not be difficult to quote me a price but this does not seem to be the case. I am getting very frustrated as the interior work will be done by May 1st and I leave Vermont for Wyoming/Colorado for two months and I need to get it insured.

Can anyone provide me with a list of Insurance Companies that will be more responsive and cooperative?

Thanks,

John aka/jjtwister

Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #2

Re: INSURANCE FOR MY E-250 VAN

I had similar issues with 21st Century Ins. They would only go a additional $5K for extras.

AAA would go the $9K extra that I wanted but would not cover the 4X4 conversion.

I'm presently at State Farm with $9K extra coverage including the 4WD.....I had to provide a handful of pics to them. I understand that I am a bit under-insured but I'm OK with that.....

Safeco will do stated value but the vehicle needs to be at least 8 years old according to my agent. My van is a 2008 so I will investigate a stated value policy next year, assuming nobody steals my van between now and then.

I'm in CA; things may be quite different in VT.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote