Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #1

Garage
Kudos to Aluminess

I had my van at Aluminess today in Santee, CA, for a bit of repair and service on both the swingout units on the rear bumper. The hinges were worn and the swing outs were rattling around with all kinds of play. The baja box mount was rubbing along the top of the bumper, the latch body was bent and wouldn't close and the whole thing was a mess. They have redesigned the hinge pin/shoulder bolt since mine was manufactured. I arranged two weeks prior to have the van there today early and I needed the work done and delivered by this afternoon. Kenny and Mike there were fabulous. They not only replaced all the hinge parts and added delrin support blocks on the swings and the bumper top for under $100, they also replaced the latch mechanism and welded on support gussets all around the tire side latch and tubing joints after they saw cracks beginning to show. Welded and painted and adjusted at no charge. They also replaced a bad turn latch/lock for the box lid n/c. The whole thing is solid as can be with no wiggle room or sag anywhere. Picked it up at 2 PM. While I was there I spotted a device in their office that turned out to be a pneumatic cylinder lifter for the penthouse top. Since I have onboard extreme air with a QD inside under the sink cabinet, this was exactly what I needed for a top that is a bear to lift. I need to protect my back and shoulder from repeated pushing up on the roof. Tested it on the spot and got it for under $300. Was a good day at Aluminess, and thanks again to Kenny and Mike there.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: Kudos to Aluminess

Always great to hear positive customer service experiences, not just the bad ones.

That said, you better post up some pics and/or video of that pneumatic lift in action.

Herb
Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #3

I can't say enough great things about Aluminess. Really impressed with their product quality and customer service when I've dealt with them. Coming from the jeep world with lots of aftermarket companies that put out questionable products, my experience with Aluminess was very appreciated.
scottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #4

Third that, they spent many hours helping me out to remove my roof rack to repaint the shell and then reinstall it. They went above and beyond as they always have...

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #5

I've had nothing but excellent friendly service from them
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #6

I ended up getting the pneumatic ram that Aluminess sells. I wasn't able to get the top up after getting a rack installed, and I intend to have a solar panel on top which makes it that much more difficult. You simply position the ram under between the handles where you'd normally push from and attach an air supply. VIOLA! The top will rise without lifting a finger.

There is a relief valve that you pull to lower the ram once the top in in position. I also had braces installed on the corners, inside the PH to keep it from lowering inadvertently.

[img][img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
ar307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #7

Your pics no worky for my iPhone
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #8

I was at Aluminess the week before to have my swing outs worked on and boy does Aluminess really stand behind there product! Great service saved me a ton of money ( fixing my bent box)and got thing working as good as new.
DIG
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #9

Ditto the Aluminess gang rocks!
GoProCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #10

I have nothing but great things to say about their service and the way they treat their customers. I was there recently to get our rear tire carrier re-aligned and they went out of their way to make it perfect. I was so surprised and impressed.