Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #11
GAR

If the seller is legit, and the price of $23,900 is legit, then this may be one of those deals where the seller is still making payments and after you pay him $23,900, you take over his bank payments. -It does not say this in the add, but may be a small detail the seller left out to generate a better response.

Id be weary of the scam where you give the seller your money, and he is unable to give you the title “until later...” ...and then you find out more payments are owed to the bank.

Gar

GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #12

yea i am still not sure if this is a scam or not, i got the same reply about him having a tentative deal and he would contact me next week if it falls through. there is no way i would send this guy 25k without seeing the vehicle and the title first, but flights to SF are cheap so it wouldnt be to hard to go out and check it out. If it sells guess me and the wife will just have to build one out since most others SMB's are way out of our budget!
DHwreckage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #13

if anyone hears anything else about this, post it up as i would be curious to know what happens to the van regardless!
DHwreckage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #14

All I can add is that If Its Too Good To Be True.... well you know. (There' s probably an acronym for that!)

I bought my van sight unseen from a broker out of state who was totally on the up and up. (a member here sent me the post for it- cheers!) I had no problem getting info or specs from him, I stated my intent to make the transaction quickly and he facilitated by getting it to an independant shop for inspection (from a friend's rep) and also swapped tire models (I paid the up charge). May be TMI but my point is- there should not be a problem getting the info you request if the seller is sincere a/o reputable. JMO
Old 09-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #15

I'm 20 miles from where the ad says it is... If you need help with this.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #16

Yes, many say I am insane, so I priced my rig appropriately. I did not get 1000 replies, but I did get a good response. I have a new rig, needed the space and wanted it move the van before a neighbor started complaining I had two large vehicles parked where some people feel I should not be able to park anything.

I also wanted to move it before the winter moves in, the rain (hopefully) starts and interest in buying an RV diminished. My price was also in the ball park of the price SM suggested.

The front and rear plates differ because I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to publish my plate number (although I had no concrete reason). I Photoshopped the plate for rear shots, but forgot to do it for the front shots. I'm a half decent photographer and did my best to produce good images. I did not Photoshop anything other than the plates.
EricRedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #17

Encouraged

Glad to see there's good demand for some sportsmobile. I'm looking to put mine up for sale soon and trying to decide what to sell it for.
Its similar to this one but not 4 wheel drive, has 136,000 miles and is a 1999. All records and manuals and in great condition.
4hiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #18
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hiking View Post
Glad to see there's good demand for some sportsmobile. I'm looking to put mine up for sale soon and trying to decide what to sell it for. Its similar to this one but not 4 wheel drive, has 136,000 miles and is a 1999. All records and manuals and in great condition.
The sellers asking price was very low, that drove the demand way up. But im sure if your asking price is right, and ya post some good pictures, you’ll find a buyer.

Gar
Old 09-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #19
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRedham View Post
Yes, many say I am insane, so I priced my rig appropriately. I did not get 1000 replies, but I did get a good response. I have a new rig, needed the space and wanted it move the van before a neighbor started complaining I had two large vehicles parked where some people feel I should not be able to park anything.

I also wanted to move it before the winter moves in, the rain (hopefully) starts and interest in buying an RV diminished. My price was also in the ball park of the price SM suggested.

The front and rear plates differ because I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to publish my plate number (although I had no concrete reason). I Photoshopped the plate for rear shots, but forgot to do it for the front shots. I'm a half decent photographer and did my best to produce good images. I did not Photoshop anything other than the plates.
Very cool, and welcome to the forums. I’m assuming the van talked about in this thread was yours. Why so cheap? That rig (pictured below) could have easily sold for $50-60k in good condition.

Gar