Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #1

Looking for ideas on shocks

That time has arrived where the shocks installed on my EB350 are in need of replacement. The originals installed during my build were less than adequate. Fully loaded for a extended trip I sit just over 11K (7K rear). What has worked or not worked in your opinion? Is one brand better than another? By builder keeps referring me back to the original installed shocks.

lonepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:01 AM   #2

That's pretty heavy! My guess is you may need extra leafs at the rear along with your new shocks. Your best bet is to contact Agile Offroad for their heaviest valved Fox shocks. If your near their shop they'll be able to do custom leafs for you but if not they should be able to send you an extra leaf.

I just went through this. Mine is 5800lbs at the rear (Ambo) and already comes with 9 or 10 leafs. Agile added 2 leafs and re-arch my leafs pack along with their Fox shocks, world of difference!

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:30 AM   #3

Agree, contact John at Agile! I cannot recommend them enough. Recently installed RIP kit for my GMC SMB and just got back from a 2 week trip to CO from Ohio. LOVE the ride of the new setup, on and offroad.

Agile has super customer service and a great product. What more could you want!?
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #4

Thanks for the recommendation on Agile. Not close to it. Has anyone used a shop in the Salt Lake City area besides Advanced 4x4 or AAA Spring. My build sits level fully loaded for a 3 month trip so the issue isn't with the springs. Been all over the place in the Yukon and points north with no issue. Just looking for replacements to tired shocks while I'm changing my rear end. Thanks
lonepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:45 AM   #5
MSD

Garage
You don't need to be close to Agile. You can have the shocks sent to you and install them yourself or have a mechanic or 4x4 shop do it for you. Since you can get Fox shocks set up for your rig axle weight, you should notice a big difference. IHMO it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepeak View Post
Thanks for the recommendation on Agile. Not close to it. Has anyone used a shop in the Salt Lake City area besides Advanced 4x4 or AAA Spring. My build sits level fully loaded for a 3 month trip so the issue isn't with the springs. Been all over the place in the Yukon and points north with no issue. Just looking for replacements to tired shocks while I'm changing my rear end. Thanks
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
You don't need to be close to Agile. You can have the shocks sent to you and install them yourself or have a mechanic or 4x4 shop do it for you. Since you can get Fox shocks set up for your rig axle weight, you should notice a big difference. IHMO it's worth it.
+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #7

+2

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #8

I think they're around $129 each. If that's all you need don't waste your time on other shocks, we'll worth the price for a custom valved shock. Good luck!

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #9

If you have a SMB West 4x4 conversion they are now selling Fox shock as a replacement to the Old Man Emu shocks that were originally installed on their conversions. I haven't replaced mine yet but if you go this route I would be interested to hear how the Fox shocks compare to the original OME shocks.

Fox Shox 2.0 Performance Series - Rear - Sportsmobile Store

Cheers,
John
Old 08-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #10

For 2WD I've been extremely happy with Bilsteins...Tried OE's and KYBs and there is no comparison. They have a HD version that is very stiff (a bit too stiff except when really loaded on an EB250). When fully loaded the HDs are outstanding. With an EB350 the non HD are quite nice loaded and unloaded, and a less jittery when unloaded.....This is pushing 9K loaded in either case.
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote