Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2015, 02:00 AM   #1

Garage
Nations Alternator

Hello,

Has anyone used a Nations Alternater!

Thinking of buying a 200amp.

2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #2

Nations Alternator

I have a 200 amp from them and it been working great since I bought it a few months back.

It does trip the Sterling controller I have as the startup voltage is around 15.4. It drops fairly quick from the 15.4 but still a pain to turn off the Sterling high voltage alarm each time.

You may want to chat with them about the pulley size you need. Mine does not produce the 100 amp at idle. I called them and they stated I may need a different pulley. Just off idle it does great.....

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
Site Team

Garage
Re: Nations Alternator

You can order a lower voltage model as well.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16236

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffdoug
Hello,

Has anyone used a Nations Alternater!

Thinking of buying a 200amp.
I have a 270 amp Nations auxiliary alternator for my Sprinter. I'm very happy with it and Nations has been great to work with.

~Alan
COkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #5

Garage

This is my new 200amp Nation Alternator, yet to be installed.

2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage

I like the bling but being I can barely see it under my hood, I just ordered the standard case. I've been very happy with the performance.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:04 AM   #7

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
I like the bling but being I can barely see it under my hood, I just ordered the standard case. I've been very happy with the performance.
daveb,

Was only fiddy bucks, creates employment, looks fab, adds just a little more oomph to the electrical system!

Doug
Old 10-11-2015, 02:22 AM   #8

It does look pretty. Nicely finished parts are a cheap thrill that keeps on giving. They are not to be passed up, so long as the incremental cost isn't huge. (IMO obviously)

To get slightly closer to back on topic, how do I know what I have to begin with? There are no obvious markings on my alternator, so at least I know it's not a higher end aftermarket unit, but even Ford has a couple to choose from. I suppose I can clamp the inverter to the starting battery, fire up the microwave and measure the output from the alternator.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #9

Garage

Quote:
So disappointed that I will never see my bulletproof water pump but I dream about occasionally.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:04 AM   #10

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatio
Quote:
So disappointed that I will never see my bulletproof water pump but I dream about occasionally.

They look well made?