Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #11

Do Over with new van.

EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:47 PM   #12

Garage
You paid for a NEW van! You loose enough just driving it off the lot. Now it's a "repaired van". The doors will probably never close the same again.
Unless somebody is willing to stack $100 bills in front of you till you say when for this indignity you should refuse delivery.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #13

This is the fault of the company transporting the van. Do not accept delivery or title. Take them to court if necessary. It is on them, not you. I know it sucks, but don't let them pawn it off on you.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:55 PM   #14

OP, this sucks.

I feel your pain.

I'm with all the people above, don't accept it unless there's more to the story than we are thinking.

Got an update?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:23 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrbutle View Post
My new 2018 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 170 was in transport and the transport carrier snagged a power line on my Sprinter and the power pole came crashing down on the van.

Has anyone else gone through similar damage? What should I look for in the repair to make sure it was done right? Is the entire roof and each side one panel of metal?....

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...?
Old 01-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #16
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Come to think of it it has been a while since this first occurred---also curious what's been accomplished to date?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #17
Site Team

OP hasn't been on the forum since 03/24/2019. I guess we'll never know the outcome.

Herb
Old 04-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #18

VERY sorry for this happening - Good luck with the fix job. I bought a 2002 SMB E350 w/4x4 and had originally thought of having transported from Utah to GA. Decided against it and flew out - drove it home. It's my understanding that a "transport carrier" MUST be no taller than 13 ft from ground to highest part of vehicle being on open bed trailer/transport vehicle. This is a Federal DOT regulation as I was informed by several transport companies.

If your carrier was in violation of this DOT reg - probably good case to recover any and all damages in full - and charge carrier for any deductible costs !? Good luck --
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #19
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallymilr View Post
]I am sorry for your situation, but you shouldn't worry too much about it because of the following reasons. First of all, it is not something critical, and you can drive your car as nothing happened. Secondly, it can be fixed at any car service center you want. Thirdly, you can try to make your insurance company pay for the reparations. It will be challenging, but if you find an excellent lawyer to represent you, it is possible. Take a look at allinjuryattorney.com. Here you can find the best car injury lawyers in the entire state. Hope everything will be ok, and you'll manage to fix your car as soon as possible
Sadly that's not the best or most helpful bits of advice about this situation. The consensus including my opinion was to first look into refusing to accept this damaged van. Rather than engage in litigation or engaging lawyers let the transporting company deal with this.

The idea what we saw in this photos NOT being serious is wrong because an important part of rear upper body structure was damaged significantly. The biggest issue created would be proper closing and weather sealing for the rear doors.

I suppose it could be driven "as is" but I'd be switched to buy something new and it become damaged in transit. But as already said the OP was not returned with updates since March of 2019. Hard telling what remedy he was offered or chose.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #20

Mmm tasty spam
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote