Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #1

Newbee from Europe

Hello Everyone,

We are located in Sweden, pretty far up North. We have lived in many places already (Germany, US "New Jersey, Florida & Nevada"), we where looking to move back to the US in Spring '10, but now many things came up and we are staying here.
We where/are the proud owners of 15 VW T3 Syncros, which we have just outgrown. Yeah, have a couple of them. Just started to collect them and drive them. These are neat little Vans, just Cool.
We though we are going to move, so I started searching what kind of 4x4 we want to drive and stumbled onto http://www.thundergarage.com and from there we quickly found Sportsmobile. After doing searching and googling on the Net we were falling more and more into love with the design.
Now we started to talk to Liz at Sportsmobile. We knew that I would be doing the Inside myself, just the Pop-Top and some other things, hm. Many questions later, with lightning fast responses from Liz we were sold That our next car/van would be a 4x4 Diesel Van with a Pop Top. Since my dream engine would be a 5,9L cummins, there shall be lots of work ahead of us.
Now since we are staying here in europe, Parts are much harder to come by and many things will have to come from the USA (Van, Roof, Bumpers, ..., also some Goodies we just miss: Mac&Cheese, Oreo Cake, Corn Beef Hash, ...). We will be buying the van in about 2 Months, since i have to decied on many things before it becomes shiped. Through the engine will stay a 7.3L Powerstroke for the start.
So we will be having some questions and viewing many Pics from your Vans.

Thanks for such a Info Pack Forum

Mike, Nikki & Shawnee

P.S.: I have seen 2 People from Switzerland and one from Iceland, anybody else from Europe?

nalle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Newbee from Europe

Welcome to the site. There are several pictures in the albums of our vans and lots of info on this site. Good luck on your purchase. You'll find that there are several members from Europe here.
Dave.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome.

Not sure if you know, but the diesel engine for the new Fords is the 6.0L turbodiesel. Unfortunately, it doesn't have quite the good reputation as the 7.3L turbodiesel, but it's still a strong engine.

I'd prefer a Cummins turbodiesel as well, but I don't think it will happen for me anytime soon, or ever, at least not for my SMB.

Herb
Old 07-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #4

Hi Herb,

Thanks for the Info on the engine. I did know that, but we are looking to buy a used Van. So getting a 7.3L should be no problem. Down the road it will be getting a cummins Powerplant.
But first I'll get the van and do the interior and some adds on. Then do a nice trip through Sweden, Finnland & Norway. That will happen summer 2010.

Plus we need dreams to keep us busy in the long Winter.

Mike
nalle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #5

Hi Mike,

Welcome on board, lots of fun to come with your project.

Yep there are a few in Europa as you mentionned + Germany, Norway those are the ones I remember now.

Maybe in a few years we will have a European Meet and Greet !!!

Andrew
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote