Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #1

No 120 volt power

If anyone can help i am in a fix. Camping with my family on spring break. Only had the 05 smb for six months so i am still learning.

For some reason i have no 120 volt power. We are hooked up at a campground and i know the plug is good. I can check that we have good voltage until the cable connects to the smb but no outlets in or out have power.

Is there a main trip or fuse that i should check? Any other ideas?

Cranking the engine every couple of hours to keep the fans and fridge running is a pain.

Thanks and sorry about the crappy typing. I only have an old phone to use.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #2

Re: No 120 volt power

Check the circuit breakers..

but there's a reset button on the converter/charger which often is the cause of this problem.. depending on what model you have.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #3

It is a trip light inverter and i can get 120 volt power when the inverter is on but not when it is off. Do i have to have the inverter turned on to get 120 power?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBUNCH
It is a trip light inverter and i can get 120 volt power when the inverter is on but not when it is off. Do i have to have the inverter turned on to get 120 power?
Check your internal fuse panel. There may be a switch to turn the internal 120 on. (It's located on the face of our gaucho.)

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #5

Great replies but still working on it. I have a 50 setup so no gaucho just the bench seat.

Everything works off the inverter so i know that we have 120 power but it only works off the battery not off the 120 volt external power.

Anyone know where i can find my 120 volt hookup breaker is in an eb 50 layout?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #6

Thanks guys. Apparently the inverter cannot be turned off. When i flipped it to "charge only" the outlets came on.

Now back to vacation in 90 florida heat.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #7

What you are looking for is the transfer switch. This may or may not be part of the inverter/charger.

The transfer switch if manual needs to be moved to the shore power position to allow cuurent to flow into the circuits. If it is automatic, then it can be a part of the inverter/charger. I do not have an SMB but all the systems work pretty much the same way.

You should have a fuse box that has house style breakers in it. ususally under the couch or face of couch or face of a cabinet. Should be near the inverter someplace.

Might help if you can provide the make and model of your inverter/charger and if you have a battery monitoring system.

UPDATE: looks like you have the automatic switch as part of the inverter, thus why it has to be on.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #8

On the triplite, you have a three way switch "Auto/Remote" "OFF" "Charge ONLY". Try moving to charge only position. If you have the Remote option, it would need to Auto/remote, then you put the remote into charge only. Plus there are a couple of reset-able circuit breakers on the upper right below the LED's and Switch.

Also what is the LED pattern, and also if you have not tried move the switch to off and back to charge only.

hope this helps

Greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #9

Most SMBs with 110v outlets also have a GFI outlet with an integrated breaker somewhere in the system. If that breaker on the outlet pops, it will kill all the other outlets. Just reset it and you'll be good to go if that is the issue.

When I bought my used SMB the previous owner told me the electric in the coach didn't work. I had visions of needing a new inverter, batteries, etc. Got it home and was poking around and found the GFI breaker had popped. I reset it and all was well. I was a happy man!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote